Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clothing Your Kids Challenge Day 8: Accessorize!

Posted by   + Show Post

Accessorize! Adding a cute necklace, chunky bracelet, or fancy hair clip can really take your daughter's outfit to the next level. Your son's outfit can be completed with a nice belt, hat, or tie. Today's challenge is to find an accessory to compliment your child's outfit!

wearing crown

What kind of accessories do your kids wear? Do you wish there were more accessory options for boys? Do you ever feel like the accesories for girls' outfits end up costing more money than the outfit itself?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Clothing Your Kids Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
godsgirl26
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:50 PM
My girls love accessories. My boys don't.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:52 PM

My kids like necklaces and bracelets but only to play dress up, not to actually wear.  Well, my 18 month old wears an amber teething necklace all the time.

jeenw1019
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I love headbands but thats about all we do for accessories.  Most of the time they pull them off or the just fall off.

4kidz916
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:43 PM

My girls like hair accessories, jewelry, scarves, etc.  My son doesn't use any accessories. 

SaraNicole1019
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:53 PM
My daughter wears hats and bows and headbands. Her hair is really short and is starting to become a mullet so she needs something in her hair when we go out. :)
Larisa72
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:45 PM

This is something new for my son, he doesn't like extra "stuff" because it doesn't feel right to him (he has Asperger's and sensory issues).  However, last year they did spirit week at all 3 schools (elem-mid-high) and he dressed as Elwood Blues and had a fedora.....he LOVES it and wears it with jeans and a plain tee or dress shirt and slacks...all he needs are the shades, but he wears glasses, so that won't work....DD is the accessory queen in our house...scarves, necklaces, belts....she's into it all!!!  We even make some things because she can't fins what she likes :-)

Roo1234
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:57 PM
It is definitely hard for as boy to accessorize. outside of a tie, or a hat that has to be removed in many circumstances, what else can a guy do?

as for girl accessories,well chosen onescan be used often and for far longer than the clothes so spending z little isn't such z bad thing
mysons_r_mylife
by New Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:58 PM
My boys wear nice belts and hats ;)
SquishyDD
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:14 PM

My boys wear hats, belts, necklaces, rings, scarfs, and shoes and vests to accessorize. My girls do hats hair stuff,scarves, belts, jewelery and on and on. I think that there are plenty of ways boys and girls can accessorize their clothes on a low budget. 

xomrs.chase
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:17 PM
He has hats :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN