Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clothing Your Kids Challenge Day 12: Shopping Tips!

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:18 PM
  • 53 Replies

Shopping for kids clothes is fun, but it can add up quickly. Today's challenge is to share your best shopping tips!

Here are a few tips for your next shopping trip:

• Set a budget.

• Cut costs with coupons and sales.

• Shop the sale and clearance racks.

• Shop on holidays.

credit card

Do you bring your kids along when you are clothes shopping for them? Do you usually pay full price for things or wait until they go on sale?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Clothing Your Kids Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBear2cubs
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:43 PM

I do not bring them and I bu clearance when possible.

othermom
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:43 PM

shop clearance and buy ahead. I like to hit sales when stores change the clothes for the season/

Shopsha0911
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I do bring mine with, we shop with store coupons and apps on my iPhone that have e coupons for each store like coupon sherpa. I don't set a budget and hardley ever look at the clearence racks for my kids only my self. 

eevers55
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I always wait til things go on sale. And I try to use coupons. I got my daughter's bathing suit on sale, and with a 5 dollar off coupon on bathing suits, so it came out to 4 bucks. I used a coupon on her winter coat just recently for $5 off and it was on sale for ten off already.

All of her play clothes, I try to get at the thrift store, partly because the money goes to Easter Seals, and the other part is that she's only 18m and I don't want to pay more than a few bucks for something she'll just grow out of in a couple months (minus a good coat and shoes)

steph21078
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:46 PM

yes, they come with me shopping, that way they can try things on.   I like to get things on sale, but if it is needed we get it

cowboysgirl3227
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:47 PM

I usually always take my daughter.  She wants to pick out her own clothes, which I fully support.  She has great taste so it works.  Anyway I always buy on sale.  I hate paying full price.

lalasmama2007
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I don't pay full price for clothes, EVER!  My dd is usually with me when I shop.

EbonySnow
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:52 PM

She comes wth me everywhere lol. I prefer sales but sometimes you need stuff now.

PEEK05
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:53 PM

I do bring my kids shopping.  I check things on sale first but if I don't find anything I like, I have no problem paying full price.

countrygirlkat
by New Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:54 PM

We really only clothes shop for back to school and I do bring them along to help.  We try to look for things on sale a lot. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)