Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clothing Your Kids Challenge Day 13: Have Some Fun!

Posted by   + Show Post

Give them some freedom! Today's challenge is to let your kids pick out their next outfit!

busy mom

Do you let your kids pick out their own outfits? What are your kids' favorite outfits to wear?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Clothing Your Kids Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Replies (21-30):
jeenw1019
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:44 PM

My kids are too young to pick out their own clothes.  My 3 year old loves to pick out her own shoes though.

lalasmama2007
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:49 PM

I usually give my dd choices to pic from.  Her favorite outfit is probably the Monster High shirt I just bought her paired with a skirt.

reesesami
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:15 PM
I usually pick out my daughter's outfits on school mornings just to save time. If I let her do it she would take forever deciding but there are some mornings when I tell her to pick it out. She of course has veto power if she absolutely doesn't want to wear what I picked out but she loves all of her clothes so it usually isn't a problem. She is allowed to pick out her clothes on non-school days of course but she often asks my opinion. Tomorrow she'll decide!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:17 PM

She picks out her own outfits. Her favorite right now is a black skirt with a tan lace overlay with a black tee and bronze flats.

Bob192
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Yes, we have 5 kids.  Ages 4 and up pick their clothes, I pick out for the 2 year olds.

countrygirlkat
by New Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I always let my kids pick their own clothes unless it is for a family photo or something.  They love to dress casual in jeans and t-shirts usually but sometimes, especially to church, they will choose button down shirts and nice Wranglers and boots.

celestegood
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Quoting countrygirlkat:

I always let my kids pick their own clothes unless it is for a family photo or something.  They love to dress casual in jeans and t-shirts usually but sometimes, especially to church, they will choose button down shirts and nice Wranglers and boots.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Sounds like me, although we haven't had our fifth yet lol not until next year.

Quoting Bob192:

Yes, we have 5 kids.  Ages 4 and up pick their clothes, I pick out for the 2 year olds.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JonesMama
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 12:30 AM

I would let ds pick his own outfits, but he just doesn't care. Sometimes I will pick out two pairs of pants and two shirts that would match either way, and get him to pick.

MooNFaeRie30
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 5:24 AM

My kids are 5 and 4 and on sundays they pick 5 outfits for the week. the only time i tell them no is if we are going to someplace where they have to look nicer or if it is to small. other than that i let them wear what they want.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN