Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clothing Your Kids Challenge Day 15: Keep it Simple!

Posted by   + Show Post

The easiest way to make the most of your child's wardrobe is to keep things simple. Make sure they have plenty of basic elements and a few things that can dress up or dress down an outfit. Sweaters go a long way to giving an outfit a dressy feel, while a simple turtleneck underneath a button down shirt gives a similar effect.

At the end of the day, kids like to be comfortable in their clothes. Keep their outfits simple and it will go a long way to keeping them comfy.

simple smile

Do your kids ever complain about having to get dressed up or about an outfit being uncomfortable? What are some of your kids' most comfy outfits?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Clothing Your Kids Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Replies (41-50):
MamaMandee
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 12:58 PM

My kids like to dress up. 

Madelaine
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Nope

GotSomeKids
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 3:00 PM

My son complains, but only because for his choir concerts he has to wear a tie.  If he didn't have to wear the tie, I doubt he would complain. 

jessicasmom1
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:11 PM

DD likes to wear hoodies 

TheDavisGirlsx3
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Generally my girls don't complain about clothes.  They enjoy dressing up sometimes and dont mind wearing simple things like jeans and tshirt either.  The only time they might say something is if an outfit is uncomfortable or itchy or scratchy.  My girls are pretty easy.  =)

kellynh
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:13 PM

No, my kids like dressing.... "Up"

Bmat
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:35 PM

My granddaughter loves dresses and accessories, things that I would think a child would find uncomfortable.

GwenMB
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Last summer, I could not convince my 5 yo DS to wear shorts & short sleeve shirts.  It would be in the 90s & he'd insist on long sleeves & pants.  I tried arguing & finally decided that if he really got hot, he'd put on shorts & short sleeves, but he never did.  I did insist that he drink a lot of water.

Threes.Company
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Not really...  my kids are used to being dressed nicely for church every week, so it's not a big deal to them anymore.

countrygirlkat
by New Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Quoting Hottmomma607:

No! Sometimes DS says he's too hot!

My middle son won't wear any shirts with long sleeves because he says he will be too hot so we just make sure he has a heavy coat for when he goes outside.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)