Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Growth Spurts - but all around

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:51 AM
  • 19 Replies

My little boy ALWAYS wears hand-me-downs because, well, he is the smallest of five kids. He never really looks "polished" if you know what I mean. Mind you, he doesn't look like a bum either though.

I finally got my butt in gear and got him some BRAND NEW clothes and man was that a great idea. We went to Target and picked out a super cute Batman shirt. He carried this thing through the whole store hugging it like it was a teddy bear! With five kids, sometimes I forget how special it really is to get something that nobody has already worn before you.

Zayden is the smallest of 5, he is four years old and growing taller than he is thick. I always have to buy those pants that have the elastic pull on them to make them smaller - I was so thankful to find that Targets clothes ALL had them, I got to pick any pants I wanted :)

Anyone else have skinny kiddos that are just so hard to dress without making them look like a bag-lady/boy?

Here is my handsome boy, look how happy he is! And check this out - his clothes fit!!

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:03 PM
My dd is tall and thin. Carters is great for it. Also childrens place is good for pants w the elastic inside too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Ps, cute outfit :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LvngMmyCampbell
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I hate to have to admit this but most times I buy from second hand stores. However, the stuff they buy is very well taken care of. Sometimes it's brand spanking new. So, I don't usually get the benefit of finding what stores actually carry those pants I need. We have a skinny minnie daughter who has to have them too. I used to be that way when I was little too - except they didn't make the elastic things or even "slim" fit when I was young. Thank goodness they do now, seriously, I don't know what I would do without those things.

You should have seen the excitement in his face when I took him to school this morning, he couldn't wait to rip off his coat and show off his new Batman shirt! I made a new promise to myself to buy each kid a couple of new outfits each year when I can, just so they can all have something that is new to them.

Quoting lillucky8:

My dd is tall and thin. Carters is great for it. Also childrens place is good for pants w the elastic inside too.

lillucky8
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:13 PM
I buy second hand too, they grow too fast not to! :)

Quoting LvngMmyCampbell:

I hate to have to admit this but most times I buy from second hand stores. However, the stuff they buy is very well taken care of. Sometimes it's brand spanking new. So, I don't usually get the benefit of finding what stores actually carry those pants I need. We have a skinny minnie daughter who has to have them too. I used to be that way when I was little too - except they didn't make the elastic things or even "slim" fit when I was young. Thank goodness they do now, seriously, I don't know what I would do without those things.

You should have seen the excitement in his face when I took him to school this morning, he couldn't wait to rip off his coat and show off his new Batman shirt! I made a new promise to myself to buy each kid a couple of new outfits each year when I can, just so they can all have something that is new to them.

Quoting lillucky8:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LvngMmyCampbell
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Seriously! I totally cheated and bought a size too big with the elastic pulls! I will just roll up the bottoms for a couple months then they will fit perfectly!

Quoting lillucky8:

I buy second hand too, they grow too fast not to! :)

Quoting LvngMmyCampbell:

Quoting lillucky8:

BeautifulMomof1
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:03 PM
2 moms liked this

cute shirt! . . my youngest son likes Batman, too! . . I do the same from time to time . . my oldest son is 5 and I also have a nephew who is 5, so my 3 year old gets all of their hand-me-downs . . I broke down and got him the Batman shirt and it's his favorite shirt!

abra
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM
yeah, both my girls are really thin so I always have to look for slim cut tops and bottoms.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nngmommy83
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:10 AM
So cute!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EbonySnow
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

that is one happy looking kiddo

wakymom
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

He looks so proud of that shirt : )

Ds1 is thin, but ds2 is skinny. I ADORE adjustable waistbands! And am so glad I can still find them on size 14 jeans for ds1!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN