Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family portraits

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:48 PM
  • 12 Replies

For kids in the family portraits, would you say it's best to match them in the same colors or not?

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:06 PM
We did them a few years ago. We all wore tan bottoms, men in shorts, girls/women in capris. DD and my nieces wore matching dark pink shirts. DS and the men wore white polo shirts. Me and SIL wore matching light pink shirts and my mom wore a different style but same light pink colored shirt. They came out great.

In the past we've done jeans and white tshirts, jeans and black turtlenecks and matching pajamas, men in blue, girls/women in pink.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:08 PM
I did an entire family portrait with all of the grandkids a few yrs ago and we all did diff shades of blue, it came out really nice. Maybe have the adults in one shade of the color and the kids in another shade.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HollyHawk333
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:42 PM
We always do coordinating outfits for most if our pictures but not matchy matchy. Though last year our daughters had matching red Christmas dresses so sometimes we do match them. But this year, my oldest wore a pink tutu with orange trim and a white tank top with pink and orange details. My youngest wore a pink tutu with a yellow shirt with matching pink detail. I wore jeans and a black shirt but my accessories were pink, yellow and orange. Dh wore jeans and black shirt. So we all coordinated nicely with out looking to much like twins.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:04 PM

We do a family picture w/ Santa every yr. I try to coordinate our colors- either all in the same color of varying shades, or colors that go well together (I did dark blue on dh and the boys and purple on dd and me one yr). This yr I went w/ everyone in blues.

SlapItHigh
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:07 AM

I don't put them in the same colors but coordinating colors.  There might be some overlap in coordinating items color but not straight up the same colors.

EbonySnow
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:14 AM

We haven't done one

tabi_cat1023
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:35 AM

We try to do similar colors for family pictures

momma-flynn
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I think it depends. If it's too matchy-matchy then I think it looks cheesy. If you are coordinated, it looks nice.  

nngmommy83
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
We do or at least coordinating in some way : )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Kind of.  I think it's cute to have a color scheme.  Like all browns, or greens, pinks etc and then put in a neutral color.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN