Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You've Stretched Your Budget, Now Have Fun!

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this

I've been writing here about some awesome ways to save money on kids' clothes. If you were able to find some great deals and have a little wiggle room in your budget as a result, I'm going to give you some fun ideas for spending that extra money (after you've put some into savings or paid other bills...you know, responsible things).

How about:

Planning a family vacation? A trip to Disney, Silver Dollar City, the Grand Canyon? You can make some serious memories taking a road trip or flying across the U.S. as a family. Go somewhere you've always dreamed of, or someplace that you went as a kid and want to share with your ownkids. The possibilities are endless!

Throwing the birthday parties you've always wanted (or have seen on Pinterest)! Make it an experience for your kids, that their friends will talk about for months. What about laser tag, amusement park, Build A Bear, a spa party, bounce house, or Chuck E. Cheese?

Redecorating. Maybe your seven year old has had the same teddy bear themed walls since she was a baby, and has been dreaming of something more grown up.  Is your living room in need of a refresher? How about the bathroom?

Picking up brand new snow or sports gear. Have you always wished you could have a driveway basketball goal or a new backyard swingset, or are your kids still using the same trash can lid for sledding that you've had for years? When was the last time you all went camping? Maybe it's time for new equipment that will get the whole family moving and enjoying each other.

Buying yourself something nice! Hey, you were the one that dug through racks and racks at the second hand store for those size 6 girls jeans, and scanned the clearance racks for next years' coats. You deserve a little something for all of your effort! Spa day, perhaps? A new pair of shoes?

If you had spare cash in your budget, what would you do with it?

by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma-flynn
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 7:32 AM
We put our spare cash towards our vacation
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 7:55 AM

I would love to have some spare cash.  I'd buy a few things to decorate the house.

MamaBear2cubs
by Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 8:41 AM

I'd buy some new clothes for me and the kids

GwenMB
by Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 9:43 AM

With spare cash, I'd either get a massage or a new pair of shoes.

Everyone else seems to get what they need when needed!

ceciliam
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I would save it. I'm not one to spend just because I have it.

Madelaine
by Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Hmmm....not sure

fraujones
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I like to save it. DH likes to eat out. 

Bmat
by Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:45 AM

I bought a new pair of boots. :)

MamaMandee
by Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:10 AM

What's this spare cash you speak of LOL

timon95
by New Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:24 PM

not sure, plan a vacation?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN