Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pajama Styles

Posted by   + Show Post

Do your kids have distinctive pajama styles? Mine do, and they are VERY specific. My baby (okay, almost two year old) is now able to unzip almost everything, so he has to have a snap at the top of his sleepers in order to keep his...whole self contained (if you know what I mean). But, we're talking about big kids here. My three older kids have definitely developed a sleeping wardrobe style all their own, and stick to them night after night (especially when the temperature drops outside).

My oldest son loves to be warm and snuggly. He prefers to wrap in his blanket, but if he feels like wearing PJs, he goes for either the fleece footed sleepers (no snap on top for him!) or two piece cotton sets with cool designs, like the glow in the dark Halloween skeleton set that he wears all year long or the pirate ensemble with striped pants.

My older daughter is all about long nightgowns and fleece two piece sets. She loves the feel of that soft, warm material, but hates to be confined in footed sleepers. Pants and tops are what she likes, unless she has a traditional, flannel nightgown on. And if she doesn't have to change out of them for the rest of the day, even better (and I agree)!

My youngest daughter...well, she'll sleep in her underwear whether it's 50 degrees or 15. She has a cozy animal sleeping bag that she wraps herself up in, and that's about it. When she does wear pajamas (which is rare), she likes the snuggly ones, as long as they have one of her favorite characters on them. It's all about aesthetics for that one.

All of my kids have their favorite blankets that they never sleep without, and their own personal pajama choices don't change much either.

Do your kids have a specific (and special) pajama style?

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
MamaMandee
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:06 PM

They do not have a specific style that they prefer. 

goddess99
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:24 PM

My dd likes nightgowns.

Kmakksmom
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:51 PM

My 4 year old son loves his footed pajamas.   He's not comfy unless he's fully clothed, whether it's pajamas or clothes during the day.  Same with my girls.  Every part of them has to be covered up or they aren't comfy.  In lieu of footed pjs for the girls, they wear socks with their pjs.

lillucky8
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:00 PM
My dd hates being cold, so she gets an undershirt and feety pjs or a warm two piece set for winter. My ds hates fleece so he gets a short sleeve onsie with a cotton two piece set
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma-flynn
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:07 PM
My dd doesn't have a style, she just loves pj's
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bob192
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:18 PM

They like them all!!

dusky_rose
by New Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this

My youngest son hates things on his feet, so no footie pajamas for him. He usually gets two piece with his favorite characters on them.

elasmimi
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:02 PM

she sleeps in gowns mostly

kellynh
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:53 AM

My 1yo is in blanket sleepers and my 4.5yo sleeps in anything

tayanddyl
by New Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:45 AM
My son loves PJ pants and a t-shirt, my baby girl likes the footed jammies. And my big girl likes 2 pc sets, shorts or pants. She's not big on night gowns
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN