Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever buy expensive clothing for you kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

If so, what kind of brands do you like, and why?

I'm a student and mother of two, and I'm currently writing my master's thesis on parents' consumption of upmarket clothing for young children, and I would love it if someone would be give me another reason apart from the great quality of the clothes.

If you don't want to say why you buy expensive clothing for your children, or you simply don't buy them, why do you think some people do?

I am also looking for participants in my study, so if you are interested please message me :)

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Replies (11-19):
AleaKat
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Lol no never
I buy what looks good that I can afford.
They grow too fast at this age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandapanda82
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I love gap for my dds
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HisUsmcWifey
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Oh and sorry I missed the brand question. Lol Gianna's clothing is about 80% gymboree and the rest is gap, childrens place, naartjie, and customs.
MommeisQueen
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:17 PM
I would think the quality and style as well as fit.
sara_7106
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:53 AM
2 moms liked this
I enjoy dressing my daughter in cute clothes that keep her looking like a little girl. I have found that Gymboree and Matilda Jane are my favorites. I can usually buy Gymboree for Target prices with sales/coupons and I try to buy our MJ on sale or second hand. I never thought I would spend much money on my daughters clothing but she will only be little once and may be the only little girl I get to dress up :).
chloemom531
by New Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:41 PM
im a shopaholic....yes i like expensive quality clothes...cuz cheap clothin is a no no...it shrinks in the dryer anywY....i only have 1... so i can really spoil her....we are big GAP & CHILDRENS PLACE...CARTERS ..H&M FANS LOL
mandapanda82
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I love Carter's for baby. Also old navy got some cute stuff. H&m kids is cute! I rarely go though not one too close to me. Like gap- gaps are everywhere! I also love tea collection. Really good quality beautiful pieces. And target- love the harajuku mini line;)

Quoting chloemom531:

im a shopaholic....yes i like expensive quality clothes...cuz cheap clothin is a no no...it shrinks in the dryer anywY....i only have 1... so i can really spoil her....we are big GAP & CHILDRENS PLACE...CARTERS ..H&M FANS LOL
IslandLife45
by New Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:47 PM

I always look for something unique, I love Matilda Jane Clothing for that reason along with a few others but the pieces are so cute and they mix and match so you have enless outfit opportunities. 

jaytee
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 4:51 PM
I don't even know what's considered name brand. I buy clothing mostly from Kohl's, Old Navy, The Children's Place, Target, JCP, and Walmart for the kiddos. I shop sales and clearance.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)