Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WELCOME~My crafty wenches!

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 4:58 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 183 Total Views

I'm Dani, GO of the Crafty Wench. I want to welcome you all to the group! Take a moment to tell us all a little bit about you and your life--whatever you want. Feel free to post pictures if you'd like and be as detailed or not as you want! 

I live in Florida with my husband, Tom. Between us we have 7 kids ranging in age from 29 down to 15. Right now, none of them live with us but that could change at any given moment. LOL We always have one room where a kid could land if they needed to and another spare room that can be made into another landing pad if need be. I'm also expecting 2 grandbabies in March from 2 of the kids! I'm sure you'll hear lots about that as time goes on...

I love crafts! I do stained glass work, jewelry making, siggie making, needle work (embroidery) and am trying to get into making furniture, too! I also want to learn lampworking--making glass beads. If anyone does that, talk to me! Teach me! I am a sponge for knowledge! LOL

by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
black.eyeliner
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Hello I'm Jamie. I have been in a domestic partnership for the past 11 years with Dan. We have five children so far (17, 14, 10, 7, and 4). We may adopt more children but not any time soon.

I homeschool all five of those kiddos. We are currently doing in depth studies into American Sign Language due to my 4 year old son being predominantly deaf. I am also but no one realized until my adulthood due to the fact that I naturally learned to read lips and honestly my family was very uneducated and I never saw doctors until I was an adult.

I am highly artistic. I have an entire craft room devoted to my work thanks to this which is just a ton of fun. I handspin yarn for a living which involves a couple of very beautiful spinning wheels. I also knit, crochet, sew, quilt, weave, scrapbook, and make altered books. The kids are always right with me doing all this.

DaniandTom
by The Craft Queen on Oct. 28, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Jaime I am SO glad you joined us! Are all of your kids adopted? My ex and I toyed withthe idea of adopting a couple but the marriage was bad so I put the brakes on that idea. LOL One of the wisest things I ever did. 

Quoting black.eyeliner:

Hello I'm Jamie. I have been in a domestic partnership for the past 11 years with Dan. We have five children so far (17, 14, 10, 7, and 4). We may adopt more children but not any time soon.

I homeschool all five of those kiddos. We are currently doing in depth studies into American Sign Language due to my 4 year old son being predominantly deaf. I am also but no one realized until my adulthood due to the fact that I naturally learned to read lips and honestly my family was very uneducated and I never saw doctors until I was an adult.

I am highly artistic. I have an entire craft room devoted to my work thanks to this which is just a ton of fun. I handspin yarn for a living which involves a couple of very beautiful spinning wheels. I also knit, crochet, sew, quilt, weave, scrapbook, and make altered books. The kids are always right with me doing all this.

black.eyeliner
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:35 AM
My two eldest children are adopted.

Quoting DaniandTom:

Jaime I am SO glad you joined us! Are all of your kids adopted? My ex and I toyed withthe idea of adopting a couple but the marriage was bad so I put the brakes on that idea. LOL One of the wisest things I ever did. 

Quoting black.eyeliner:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Hey! I am Maranda. I live in Austin, Texas with my husband (Gabe) and our four children. My daughter is 12 and my boys are 6, 4 and 2. We also have two dogs and a guinea pig.

I am a SAHM and a volunteer soccer coach through the YMCA. I spent a lot of free time on Cafemom and reading, but am getting more time to craft now. I can sew and crochet and also love to refurnish furniture (though I haven't done it in a while). I make siggies as well and dabble a little in scrapbooking. I have lots of stuff I want to try too (like painting and whatnot).

DaniandTom
by The Craft Queen on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Maranda, I am so glad you joined! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)