Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FUNNIES!

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 5:01 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 182 Total Views

We all love to laugh. If we didn't, we sure would never have had kids, right? LOL So post your funnies here! Your favorite stories about your kids, your favorite jokes or just something that happened to you that made you laugh. Let's keep it all PG rated so we don't risk offending anyone in the group. 

In order to become a butterfly, you must first give up being a caterpillar.

by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
DaniandTom
by The Craft Queen on Oct. 28, 2012 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this

OK So as I have stated, I just had my first craft show for jewelry. In getting ready for it, my mother--who also makes jewelry--tossed in a few things she has made and didn't like including her very first project. Now, her first project she made in a beading class. She paid $10-15 for the class which included supplies, so as you can imagine the quality of the beads wasn't that great. She said the instructor had placed baggies full of different colored beads and supplies--enough to make one set in each-- in a box and told everyone to come pick one out. Well my mom got the last bag and it was this icky green color--think pea soup. Add some lemon and ketchup so it's really gross looking. Got the color in mind? Ok now make it uglier. LOL So she strung them together, made simple drop earrings and tucked them away knowing she'd never wear them.
Fast forward to the day of my show--or should I say now, OUR show. LOL In being supportive, I put the set on one of my necks and stood it right up front and center. Wouldn't you know it that darn set got more compliments and more people tried it on than anything else? LOL  About 1 hour into the show this woman walked up and dramatically heaved a huge sigh and said "OH Thank God! You still have it! My friend just LOVED this so I told her I had to go to the bathroom just so I could get here and buy it for her for Christmas!" Yep. I sold that set that both mom and I agreed would probably never move. Conversely, she had "donated" another necklace that was IMO just gorgeous! Done in black with crystals it looked like lace and could be worn as a choker or longer. Nobody looked twice at it. LOL Just goes to show you, you never know what will sell or not at a show!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)