Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holiday horror stories

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:41 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 306 Total Views

Have you ever had something go horribly wrong during your holiday celebration? Burn the turkey? Forget to get a turkey/ham? Tell us about it!

I remember my very first Thanksgiving dinner that I hosted for my family. My folks came from Vegas to Atlanta to spend the holidays with us and I was so excited to cook for my mom! I was so proud to be able to tell her to go sit down and relax and that I'd do EVERYTHING! I did and everything turned out beautifully. I set the table in my never been used dining room and put all our dishes out before calling anyone to the table. It looked SPECTACULAR! I called them in and as my mom came around the corner she said "Does that look like it's caving in?" I turned around just in time to see my brand new dining room table folding in on itself! The pedestal had broken in transit and there was literally nothing holding up one half of the table except that most everything had been put equally balanced UNTIL i put the turkey as I was calling everyone to dinner. The table broke and everything fell to the center. Most of my dishes were broken and of course, all the food had to be thrown out. I was devastated! My mom reminded me of our favorite Christmas movie--A Christmas Story--where they wind up going out for Chinese food for Christmas Dinner--and that's what we did. As we're cleaning up the mess, she said "Well, I can promise you one thing. This will be our most memorable Thanksgiving dinner ever!" LOL It was and to this day we still laugh about that.

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
LivinDeadGurl
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Oh man! I would have cried!

I haven't had any disasters thank goodness!

DaniandTom
by The Craft Queen on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I did at the time. I was devastated! But it's been years so we just laugh about it now. At the time, I wanted the earth to swallow me up whole and never release me. LOL

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Oh man! I would have cried!

I haven't had any disasters thank goodness!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)