Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is...

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:57 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 172 Total Views

The easiest project you've ever done and what was the most difficult? 

My little angel earrings are the easiest. It litterally takes me 5 minutes to make 1 pair!

The hardest was probably one of the large embroidered pictures I made for my mother. They were kits but took a long time and with subtle differences in the colors of threads, there were times it was frustrating because I'd choose the wrong color and have to take it all out--thus making it really touchy as to whether or not I would have enough thread to finish the project. I don't have any pictures of them but I have some of the small ones that I kept. 

The ones I did were this style but much bigger. These are about 10" high and 12" wide. The ones I made for her were about 20"high by 24" wide and 40x40. I have one project going now but I am having a VERY hard time finding embroidery kits anymore! I can find TONS of cross-stitch and even some needlepoint but no crewel embroidery. simple frown

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
angelenia
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:12 PM
am i allowed to say 'fuck' in here? because holy fuck that is pretty but it makes my fingers ache imagining the work you put into this. i'm a mixed media artist ( probably due to my short attention span:) who has tried embroidery*fail* beading *fail* and thinks crocheting is the very devil ( sour grapes though. i own it:) artists like ya'll bewilder and impress me with your skill, patience and dedication to your craft.:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DaniandTom
by The Craft Queen on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:32 AM

LOL Well, although I would prefer different wording simply so no one else is offended, I do appreciate the compliments! I think we always admire the work of people when we have attemped to create something in the same medium and been unable to. I know I am that way with knitting and crocheting and painting. The embroidery looks like a lot more than it actually is. The kits come with a printed picture and only certain accents and pieces are embroidered. I have done some others that are more detailed but these ones weren't that bad. 

I would love to see some of your work. I'm always looking for a new passion. LOL

Quoting angelenia:

am i allowed to say 'fuck' in here? because holy fuck that is pretty but it makes my fingers ache imagining the work you put into this. i'm a mixed media artist ( probably due to my short attention span:) who has tried embroidery*fail* beading *fail* and thinks crocheting is the very devil ( sour grapes though. i own it:) artists like ya'll bewilder and impress me with your skill, patience and dedication to your craft.:)

angelenia
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:45 AM
i will watch my language then:) i don't know how to upload pics on my android. i am sure it is simple. i'm just a computer ditz:/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DaniandTom
by The Craft Queen on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:37 PM

I hear ya. I am as well. I don't know anything at all about using the phone cause I am always at home on my laptop. Anyone else know?

Quoting angelenia:

i will watch my language then:) i don't know how to upload pics on my android. i am sure it is simple. i'm just a computer ditz:/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)