Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Sharing computer passwords with your DH/SO

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you share computer passwords with your DH/SO?

typing

by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Replies (71-79):
Mommyfish831
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:48 PM

We have one profile for our computer, my Facebook is always logged in and so is my email.  He doesn't have a Facebook and I know his email password.  On my iPad my email and Facebook are always logged on.  So basically my husband knows that I have nothing to hide, lol and he doesn't use his email for much. We both pretty much use the same variations for passwords too so it wouldn't be hard to figure out.

Mommyfish831
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol right!?  Idk, I don't demand openness but secretiveness causes marital problems in my opinion.  

Quoting caro100:

No. he knows mine.  If he wants to see what's going on with me, as his wife, he's entitled.  I don't think there should be any right to privacy when you are married.  I know his as well.

SmSam
by New Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Before a recent event, I would have said, "No, everyone needs some privacy." A family member, at age 30 suffered a near fatal cerebral hemorrage. He is a techie, and has several computers and tablets. Unfortunately, his wife did not have a password to any of the devices. After weeks of searching, she discovered he paid all their family bills online via his work computer. Because he worked in a high security job, it took several more weeks and a court order for her to have access to find out what had been paid, and the account numbers and history. This was extremely stressful for her to have to deal with worrying about paying bills while her husband almost died, and went through three brain surgeries. Put the passwords in a sealed envelope, if you will, but put them somewhere where your spouse/partner/next-of-kin can get to them, along with a list of account numbers. It can save a world of stress, pain and financial problems. Lesson? No matter how young you are, TAKE the disability insurance from your employer, and run your financial life so someone else can step in immediately if you are disabled or die.

lazyd
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I have a list of ALL passwords for all our bill paying, etc., in case i die than he can get onto any and all banking and bill paying websites to start paying the bills himself or inform companies of my passing or cancel memberships or close email accounts out, etc.  There should be NO secrets in a relationship.  

SassyLeigh
by New Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Never had the need to know. 

jessicasmom1
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I have nothing to hide sure why not I do know his

aidensmomma508
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Ya when he needs to 

CatherineNewton
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I have nothing to hide he knows all my passwords. I dont have a lock on my phone and even when I did all of 20 mins he knew the code. He can look at any of my things at anytime. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)