Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Can divorce actually be good for your kids?

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:42 AM
  • 152 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you think divorce can actually be good for your kids? 

Do you think couples should avoid divorce when they have young kids?  

punching

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mydarlingsofia
by Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:10 PM
10 moms liked this

I think if the couple is fighting all the time and it's affecting their kids, then yes, it's best. But if they are able to hide it and be happy for their kids or work it out, then being in a stable household is best.

sarah.xo
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I agree

Quoting mydarlingsofia:

I think if the couple is fighting all the time and it's affecting their kids, then yes, it's best. But if they are able to hide it and be happy for their kids or work it out, then being in a stable household is best.

Want No Drama, No Judements? Join Us
(click the picture)

tabi_cat1023
by Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 6:30 PM
6 moms liked this

I think if parents are better parents apart/away from each other then yes divorce is better for kids.  Seeing parents fight and mistreat each other, being miserable but staying married is not good for kids at all.

Co-parenting even when divorced can lead to happy emotionally healthy kids

nngmommy83
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:32 PM
I think it was in my situation. I didn't want DD going through all the arguing and me being unhappy all the time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommythree0508
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:07 AM
Sometimes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife13143
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:16 AM
1 mom liked this

when i was growing up my parents faught non stop my home life was hell. I remember asking my dad if he can divorce my mom for my christmas present. They are still together to this day and still fight. I personally think that if parents cant get along then yes they should get divorced. It is in my opion and experence worse for a child to grow up in a home with fighting all the time.

cara124
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:01 AM
3 moms liked this

Personally it was better for my kids that me & the EX got divorced ..... I saw the kids do a major Exhale when the EX moved out and we are go much happier family with two households.... Because both mom & dad are a lot happier people without all the tension . JMO

mrswillie
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:58 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes, it can be. A child has a better chance at life hve 2 hapy homes, rather then one that is full of hostility and resentment.

KaylaMillar
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it depends on the situation. If their abuse going on then yes, its way better for the children. 

kellynh
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, it can be good if the relationship is abusive... Including verbally.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN