Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Can divorce actually be good for your kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you think divorce can actually be good for your kids? 

Do you think couples should avoid divorce when they have young kids?  

punching

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Replies (131-140):
Ihold8Stars
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 3:18 PM
It's not though.. Most women know what they should be doing but don't... Love, fear, loneliness phobia of living alone, afraid "he'll change but with somebody else"

If your cons over weight your goods

if your having screaming matches specially in ear shot of the kids.. Even an infant can be screwed up in the head in that enviornment don't kid yourself the kids aren't.. Fine!

If mommys always worried about fixing all that's wrong with daddy or vice versa...

If mommys attentions on daddy

when's it on child?

Can you realize when somebodys attentions are really else where????

Well So can your children!

If there's any physical violence... Run it's done!

Quoting Serenitymom:

I think it depends on the situation, most cases, yes. Especially if divorce was even considered. If its that bad, then something needs to be done. But also in the same instance, people are creatures of adaptation. Divorce should be the last option, no one is born to know how to tolerate each other, we are only shown by exposure, and taught what life gives us. Some need a little extra help with emotional issues that are a little beyond their control. Everyone situation is different, but also so many are similar in different ways. Its hard to know what to do.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sandykmac
by Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:11 PM

My husband wouldn't stop drinking even after treatment and AA.  My son was 18 months old when I left my husband and even though he was better off not growing up around an alcoholic, he was close to his daddy as an infant and I could tell he missed having a father around growing up.

Albond86
by Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Depending on the situation yes!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
celticgodess
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Absolutely it can.

Of course if possible with counseling, communication, honor your vows.  DO NOT stay together just fr the kids.  You are dong no one any good. IMHO

bwsmommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:28 AM

I think it was a great thing for me and my exh ..

Serenitymom
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Which is why I said it depends on the situation. Not every divorce is like that. Some people divorce just because they aren't happy. Not every situation is the same -.-;

But people can change if they want to, and that is what is wrong with this world, people dont want to change, let alone do what it takes to change

And I should also add, even if the woman knows what should be done, doesn't mean she knows what to do about it, let alone know how to deal with her own issues, so it does make it hard to know what to do. Not that they dont know what to do.

Quoting Ihold8Stars:

It's not though.. Most women know what they should be doing but don't... Love, fear, loneliness phobia of living alone, afraid "he'll change but with somebody else"

If your cons over weight your goods

if your having screaming matches specially in ear shot of the kids.. Even an infant can be screwed up in the head in that enviornment don't kid yourself the kids aren't.. Fine!

If mommys always worried about fixing all that's wrong with daddy or vice versa...

If mommys attentions on daddy

when's it on child?

Can you realize when somebodys attentions are really else where????

Well So can your children!

If there's any physical violence... Run it's done!

Quoting Serenitymom:

I think it depends on the situation, most cases, yes. Especially if divorce was even considered. If its that bad, then something needs to be done. But also in the same instance, people are creatures of adaptation. Divorce should be the last option, no one is born to know how to tolerate each other, we are only shown by exposure, and taught what life gives us. Some need a little extra help with emotional issues that are a little beyond their control. Everyone situation is different, but also so many are similar in different ways. Its hard to know what to do.

brownhoney21
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 6:53 PM

This.

Quoting mydarlingsofia:

I think if the couple is fighting all the time and it's affecting their kids, then yes, it's best. But if they are able to hide it and be happy for their kids or work it out, then being in a stable household is best.

inmybizz
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Yes, it can be.

queenamanda12
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:19 AM

I think if one of the parents is abusive, then yes, it's better. Otherwise, no.

movingforward50
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Unfortunatley, the kids are impacted either way.  If the parents are divorced, the kids miss the opportunity of the two parent household which is becoming  rare. If the parents continue to live together for the children, the environment is usually not conducive and filled with conflict and unhappiness.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)