Advertisement Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Homework Hell...

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:58 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you think your kids have too much homework?

Do you resent having to help your kids with their homework?

teacher

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Bump for those with school aged kiddos :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:49 AM

This year, my kids don't have much homework (so far) and we are loving it!  I don't resent helping them when they need it.  Happy to help!

peaches_04
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Quoting lillucky8:

Bump for those with school aged kiddos :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HisSweetheart07
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I don't resent homework at all. We get about a worksheet a night plus vocab & read. The whole thing probably takes 30 mins if he doesn't carry on.

But then again we're in 1st grade, I'm sure it'll get worse in upper grades.

I remember coming home with 2 hours worth of homework every day. Even on the days that we had practice or even games - you were literally doing your homework on the side lines or you were up till 1am to get it all finished.

nngmommy83
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:02 PM
I don't resent it at all but yes I do think she has too much homework. She's bringing home like 10lbs worth if books if not more! She's in 7th grade
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nngmommy83
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:03 PM
Yeah my daughter plays sports and she's doing homework in between practices, at night or getting up earlier to finish sometimes

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

I don't resent homework at all. We get about a worksheet a night plus vocab & read. The whole thing probably takes 30 mins if he doesn't carry on.

But then again we're in 1st grade, I'm sure it'll get worse in upper grades.

I remember coming home with 2 hours worth of homework every day. Even on the days that we had practice or even games - you were literally doing your homework on the side lines or you were up till 1am to get it all finished.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleK41
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I'd say our elem. child has little home work, her teacher likes more classroom time. Now our HS kiddo is honors and at times I do feel she has too much and just don't want her to feel overwhelmed.

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Yes they do! I cant even help much.Their hw is so hard.

bwsmommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I dont resent their homework .. but i do think they have to much .. we usually spend 1-2 hours on it and thats not even projects if they have them .. My youngest is in K.. and has atleast 2-3 sheets a night and it just isnt fun =( .. my older boys have about the same but they are in 4th and 5th ..

squint1222
by New Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:25 AM

My kids are home schooled, they have daily lessons so I guess that falls under homework?  They spend about 4 hours a day doing school work in various subjects and are given verbal quizzes and tests rather than written because as they give their answers we discuss different perspectives to how they came to their answer and if there might be a better answer to the question, it's pretty awesome when your kids teach you something new through their answers to something you thought you knew inside and out:)  I don't know if I've answered the question correctly but for our house we don't mind doing our type of "homework".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement