Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Does reading erotica spice up your love life?

Posted by   + Show Post

Are you one of the 50 million women that have read the novel 50 Shades of Grey? And will you admit it? Sex therapist and relationship counselor Ian Kerner joins the Mad Life for this lively discussion!

Does reading erotica spice up your love life?  Tell us other ways you keep things spicy in the bedroom.

in love

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Replies (21-30):
natesmom1228
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:41 AM

No, I have never read the series and really have no interest in it.

goddess99
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Ha it's funny, ok short back story, my dh and I cuddle up in bed sometimes and he reads to me. Now I can read but it's just a sexy little thing we do. I get to cuddle and listen to his sexy accent. So anyway we were out shopping one day and he asked if I wanted him to read me this book *giggles, so of course I bought a copy then and there we just haven't started it yet.. But we will =D ...

RobynS
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I am one of the few who hasn't. Spanking doesn't appeal to me. Stephanie Plum novels are fantasy enough for me, right now! LOL

sukainah
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:26 PM

That's it for me, I need to escape.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Yeah, but I think the issue is that people who are reading this need two things: (1) to be doing it more, and (2) to escape. There's a reason people are reading this. There is a reason why it's taken off as it has. And I think it speaks volumes of the collective psyche of modern Western women.

Quoting VintageWife:

I don't need to read junk like that. I think people need to spend less time reading it and more time actually doing it. (Seems kinda common sense to me.)

RobynS
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:28 PM

So, if I ever DID decide to read it, she just spoiled the ending for me. Ack! I can't believe she did that. Did she just assume we had ALL read it already?

arpazia
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:29 PM
I haven't read it. I don't plan to!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobynS
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Hahaha!! Andrew's last line cracked me up. You know they were all twisting it in their heads and making it dirty.

MamaMandee
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:54 PM

I have not read the books but do have a pretty good sex life. 

4kidz916
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Love the video above.  I've been a fan of Andrew since Melrose Place in the early 90's!

lalasmama2007
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:43 PM

I read about 100 pages of the first Fifty Shades book and couldn't get into it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)