Advertisement Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Does reading erotica spice up your love life?

Posted by   + Show Post

Are you one of the 50 million women that have read the novel 50 Shades of Grey? And will you admit it? Sex therapist and relationship counselor Ian Kerner joins the Mad Life for this lively discussion!

Does reading erotica spice up your love life?  Tell us other ways you keep things spicy in the bedroom.

in love

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Replies (31-40):
SlightlyPerfect
Fair warning.
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:03 PM

You should look into the other post that Heather put up. It talked about how women need to escape because it alleviates stress, thus leaving the body open to sexual intimacy. It's not that way for me, but it seems to be that way for a lot of women.

Quoting sukainah:

That's it for me, I need to escape.

slightlyperfect

TheBabyFactory4
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:35 PM

i havent read it but want to. just havent had the time

Samanthamommy
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I haven't read it

countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:04 PM

I have not read it and I probably won't because I have heard it is fairly racey and I am not into that sort of reading.  We just make sure to have good communication both in and out of the bedroom and it seems to keep things spicy enough for us, lol. 

BabyTeki
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:32 PM
I haven't read it, not sure if I will. Honestly the only thing driving me to is being nosey.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I did read 50 Shades just to see what the fuss was all about.  DH thought it was funny that I read a "naughty" book. lol

I see nothing wrong with reading smut.  Its not something I really want to do in real life, but I enjoy reading about it kind of as a "how the other half lives" type of thing.  Its more enjoyable to me to read about someone living a different type of life than what I am.

timon95
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Quoting VintageWife:

I don't need to read junk like that. I think people need to spend less time reading it and more time actually doing it. (Seems kinda common sense to me.)

family car

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I read it

Charizma77
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Nope, I have no interest in that series.

Bob192
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't read that book, but I think reading romances and watching romance movies definitely puts me more in the mood.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement