Don't throw out your empty ribbon spool. Transform it into a cute recycled craft project! Creativity and pretty paper are all you need to make your own Ribbon Spool Photo Album. It's an unique paper craft that's perfect for displaying photos.
- Empty ribbon spool
- Decorative paper
- Spellbinder's dies
- Seam binding or ribbon
- Pop dots
- Flower embellishment (Cricut - Flower Shoppe Cartridge)
- Take the top off your spool and get rid of any excess glue on the edges.
- Measure the side and cut your designer paper to the same width. Adhere to outside of ribbon spool.
- After the edge has been cleaned a bit, paint it with whatever color you desire. I chose a cream colored paint.
- Measure the inside of the spool and cut your paper. Adhere it to the inside of the spool.
- I used Spellbinder's dies to cover the top and bottom of the ribbon spool.
- I used seam binding to adhere my photos to, but any ribbon would work. I cut designer paper to the same size as my photos and sandwiched the seam binding in between the paper and the photo. So one side is all photos, and the other side is pretty paper.
- I placed some pop dots inside the box to elevate the photos a bit.
- I accordion folded the photos inside the box.
- I glued it the string of photos to the top of the box. To look at the photos you just pull and view!
- Embellish the top with lots of flowers, ribbon, a little chipboard piece by Maya Road, glitter and a doily.