Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Have you ever had one?  I did back a few years ago when I separated from dh.  They are very scary.  So last night my son has one and it scared the crap out of him.  We weren't sure what it was.  I had a suspicion but still with the chest pains and breathing issues he was having we needed to go be sure.  So I was in the ER with him and got home after 3 am and then had to get up and come to work.  Ugh....lol  I look and feel a little like crap today!  lol 

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Replies (31-40):
brownhoney21
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Hope things get better.

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:45 AM

It sounds horrible!!  They can scare you so bad!!  I hope you don't suffer with them anymore.  Once is enough for anyone for sure.  :)

Quoting Turtledoves:

I had a panic attack right before a surgery for ovarian cancer. I was 19, in the hospital bed ready to be taken back, in a room with not a single other person and left there alone for about 20 minutes. I got so scared I started panicking, couldn't breathe, started sweating and shaking and crying. It was horrible.

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:46 AM

That's awesome that you are able to do that!!  I hope you're in a good place right now.   :)

Quoting Albond86:

I used to take medication... Don't any more. I have learned to manage it in other ways. I didn't like how the medication made me feel (side effects out weighed the good).

Quoting louannwilkins:

I'm really sorry about that.  Do you have any kind of medication you can take for it?  Hugs to you!!   :)

Quoting Albond86:

I get them all the time! I have anxiety disorder! It sucks!

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:50 AM

You're welcome....I clean houses for a living and it's getting harder and harder to do as I get older.  lol  I feel like sometimes they don't realize all that I do either.  I've got long time customers so they all know me very well.  I love what I do but I also feel like it stresses me out a lot too.

As for my son...he has so many things going on.  He had seizures when he was young and took meds 3 times a day for many years, plus he has ADD, plus he has a personality disorder.......I mean that right there is enough but he also is having trouble with the girl he's seeing and he really likes her so much.  I just think life gets overwhelming for him at times.  Thank you for asking!!  I appreciate it.  Sorry to give you a novel for an answer.  lol    :)

Quoting mmeredith:

Thanks and yes it is. I think for the most part most of the women here are over worked and under paid. Thank you, that means a lot! & I hope your son is doing better now. Did you guys figure out what might have caused it?

Again, I'm so sorry.  I know your job has to be stressful.  Most likely it's over worked and under paid.  I feel that way about mine sometimes too!!  lol  Try to hang in there and remember to come here and vent when you need to.  There are some good listeners here!!   :)

Quoting mmeredith:

Once the holidays are done with it will just be once in a blue moon. I work in retail and it's honestly the worst job ever. I really just can't handle it.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Oh wow!  That's a lot.  I'm sorry!!  I hope yours will get better too!!   :)

Quoting mmeredith:

Aww. Poor kiddo. I actually get them quiet a bit. Here lately its at least twice a week.

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Thank you so much.  I apppreciate it!!   :)

Quoting brownhoney21:

Hope things get better.

mmeredith
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I like novel answers a lot more then just a yes or a no. Heck I'm 24 and just trying to keep my house clean stresses me out. Since you do clean houses for a living do you keep on top of your house work or do you slack off when it comes to your house? I don't even like cleaning my own house I doubt I could actually clean someone elses and then come back and clean my own, lol. One of my big jobs at work is folding all the clothes in the kids department so I like to use that as an excuse on why I can't do our own laundry. It's not like I really need an excuse I didn't like to do it before I worked, lol. WOW! He has so much going on, poor kid. Having a girlfriend is hard enough work I couldn't imagine adding all the rest to his life. Good luck with the girl in his life.

Quoting louannwilkins:

You're welcome....I clean houses for a living and it's getting harder and harder to do as I get older.  lol  I feel like sometimes they don't realize all that I do either.  I've got long time customers so they all know me very well.  I love what I do but I also feel like it stresses me out a lot too.

As for my son...he has so many things going on.  He had seizures when he was young and took meds 3 times a day for many years, plus he has ADD, plus he has a personality disorder.......I mean that right there is enough but he also is having trouble with the girl he's seeing and he really likes her so much.  I just think life gets overwhelming for him at times.  Thank you for asking!!  I appreciate it.  Sorry to give you a novel for an answer.  lol    :)

Quoting mmeredith:

Thanks and yes it is. I think for the most part most of the women here are over worked and under paid. Thank you, that means a lot! & I hope your son is doing better now. Did you guys figure out what might have caused it?

Again, I'm so sorry.  I know your job has to be stressful.  Most likely it's over worked and under paid.  I feel that way about mine sometimes too!!  lol  Try to hang in there and remember to come here and vent when you need to.  There are some good listeners here!!   :)

Quoting mmeredith:

Once the holidays are done with it will just be once in a blue moon. I work in retail and it's honestly the worst job ever. I really just can't handle it.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Quoting mmeredith:

Aww. Poor kiddo. I actually get them quiet a bit. Here lately its at least twice a week.

SlapItHigh
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I had one once about a year and half ago. It was totally random, my life was calm and happy...there was no reason for it other than possibly my thyroid disease causing anxiety.  I had to call 911 and went to the hospital in an ambulance.  I thought I was dying.  I'm so sorry your son went through that.  It's very scary!

LivinDeadGurl
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Yes. I actually am on medication because I get them so often.

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Thank you!  The house cleaning thing came about because I was married and at stay at home wife and mom.  Then when we seperated I knew I needed to be able to take care of myself financially.  I like cleaning house.  lol  I can do it and see an instant result and if you just do a little here and there it's not so overwhelming.  So...that's how it started.  lol  I also was managing a tanning salon but made more money doing this in less hours so it's what I do now full time.  Thanks for the kind words about my son too.

Folding clothes is a pain in the butt! lol  After people come along and look at them all I'm sure they're a mess to fix back!  ugh....lol  Have a great day!!!   :)

Quoting mmeredith:

I like novel answers a lot more then just a yes or a no. Heck I'm 24 and just trying to keep my house clean stresses me out. Since you do clean houses for a living do you keep on top of your house work or do you slack off when it comes to your house? I don't even like cleaning my own house I doubt I could actually clean someone elses and then come back and clean my own, lol. One of my big jobs at work is folding all the clothes in the kids department so I like to use that as an excuse on why I can't do our own laundry. It's not like I really need an excuse I didn't like to do it before I worked, lol. WOW! He has so much going on, poor kid. Having a girlfriend is hard enough work I couldn't imagine adding all the rest to his life. Good luck with the girl in his life.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Quoting mmeredith:

Quoting mmeredith:

Quoting louannwilkins:

Quoting mmeredith:

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Thank you.  I appreciate it.  I'm sorry you went through it too!!  I know it had to scare you to death!  Thyroid disease can be bad too.  I don't think people realize just how many things your thyroid affects.   Hopefully you'll never have another one!!    :)

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I had one once about a year and half ago. It was totally random, my life was calm and happy...there was no reason for it other than possibly my thyroid disease causing anxiety.  I had to call 911 and went to the hospital in an ambulance.  I thought I was dying.  I'm so sorry your son went through that.  It's very scary!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)