Advertisement Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Have you ever had one?  I did back a few years ago when I separated from dh.  They are very scary.  So last night my son has one and it scared the crap out of him.  We weren't sure what it was.  I had a suspicion but still with the chest pains and breathing issues he was having we needed to go be sure.  So I was in the ER with him and got home after 3 am and then had to get up and come to work.  Ugh....lol  I look and feel a little like crap today!  lol 

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Replies (41-50):
louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I'm sorry that you suffer with them but I'm glad you can take some medication to help with it.   :)

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Yes. I actually am on medication because I get them so often.

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I have had many ((Hugs))

hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Several. One so bad I had to pull over. For me, they happen when I get news I can't process or if I've put off too many negative feelings for too long because I didn't make "time" to deal.
My mom is the ONLY one who can talk me down. My husband tries, but it takes practice and we've been married four and half years where mom has dealt with me for 37 yrs.
many people have them and either not admit it or don't know what it is.
I'm sorry you have them, I hope they aren't frequent . A cathartic cry before it pops up is the best way to ward them off.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2BeAmy
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM
I get them weekly since dd was born 12 weeks ago. I turned into a hypochondria from them. Been to the er 4 times thinking I was dying all panic attacks. I'm not taking meds but go to cbt weekly and they're tapering off. Dr said they would 6 to 9 months after the baby while hormones settle.

If I feel one coming on I do deep breathing. If that doesn't work I starting pacing the floors asking my mom and dh "in not dying right?" So now at 4am I have my mom drive me I listen music and it stops.

They suck!
GypsiSky
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Thankfully, no.

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I'm sorry for you to have to deal with them.  I never realized so many people had problems with them.  Hugs to you!!   :)

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I have had many ((Hugs))

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Thank you for your kind words.  Hopefully  your dh will learn to be able to help you at some point.  It would be nice for you if you had a couple of people to help you through them.  Hugs to you!!   :)

Quoting hollydaze1974:

Several. One so bad I had to pull over. For me, they happen when I get news I can't process or if I've put off too many negative feelings for too long because I didn't make "time" to deal.
My mom is the ONLY one who can talk me down. My husband tries, but it takes practice and we've been married four and half years where mom has dealt with me for 37 yrs.
I'm sorry you have them, I hope they aren't frequent . A cathartic cry before it pops up is the best way to ward them off.

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:34 PM

I'm so sorry!!!  I hope that once your horomones do get back to normal it will all work out for you!  Hugs to you and I'm glad that you have some support from your mom and dh.    :)

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

I get them weekly since dd was born 12 weeks ago. I turned into a hypochondria from them. Been to the er 4 times thinking I was dying all panic attacks. I'm not taking meds but go to cbt weekly and they're tapering off. Dr said they would 6 to 9 months after the baby while hormones settle.

If I feel one coming on I do deep breathing. If that doesn't work I starting pacing the floors asking my mom and dh "in not dying right?" So now at 4am I have my mom drive me I listen music and it stops.

They suck!

hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this
And hugs to you!
I think he'll get there, but it is a learning process. I've tried throwing out a tip or two when I'm "sane" like make me focus on your breathing....talk like a counselor, clinically, and hold both hands.

It is hard for men to emote their own feelings, let alone help their wives talk it through.

He tries, but ends up calling my mom, poor thing!

I finally had him look it up and coping mechanisms... I have bipolar, too. Many time a panic attack precedes a episode . That may be why he gets so flustered.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Thank you for your kind words.  Hopefully  your dh will learn to be able to help you at some point.  It would be nice for you if you had a couple of people to help you through them.  Hugs to you!!   :)

Quoting hollydaze1974:

wifeynmommie80
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Yes! I had them constantly , I thought I was dying and went to the ER and they were like ur just having anxiety, panic attacks. And I only get them when I am on my period and ovulating so I am positive its hormonal, i still need to see my Gyn to see if they have any tips on that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement