Advertisement Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Gift wrapping

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:34 PM
  • 22 Replies
Do you enjoy it or loathe it? Are you good at it? Would you rather just pay someone to do it for you? What would you pay? i must say, it is one of my favorite tasks of the holiday season and I've always wanted to offer a gift wrapping service to make a little extra money, but I have no idea what to charge.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyg97
by New Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:39 PM
I enjoy it! But I wish I was better at it lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Wynn0809
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:23 PM
I don't mind it at all..I'm decent at it..no professional by any means
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
raven1114
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I actually enjoy gift wrapping. I'm decent at it.

luvmylilbean
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:28 AM

I like wrapping presents (usually), I spread it out though. I will do a few each day so I don't get tired of it. I'm pretty good at wrapping.

HisSweetheart07
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:09 AM

I like wrapping.. my only issue is I can't get away from my 4yr old long enough to do any of it! LOL

I would pay for someone to do it for me though if it was an option. I remember shopping with my dad on Christmas Eve and he'd take the gifts he bought for my mom to a "wrapping center" located in the middle of the store and they'd wrap all the gifts for some set price (I can't remember now) and then he could pick them up in so much time (long enough for him to go grab a coffee or us food or even to go check out that last store. They don't have that service anymore though :(

I think it would depend on the size but in general $2-$5 per gift would be my limit but we also never buy HUGE gifts.

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:38 AM

I like to do it

TigerofMu
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:15 AM

I like it to a point.  I get tired of it my the end, but that's often because I can't find a box!  I probably wouldn't pay for it, because it would be a royal pain to take it somewhere and get it wrapped.  Better to just muddle through, even if it's not perfect.

inmybizz
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:15 AM

It's not my most favorite thing to do. When stores offer gift wrapping, i usually let them do it. 

lillucky8
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:34 AM
I dont mind it. Except this yr i wanted to start doing santas presents in santa paper so i know which is which and i have no santa paper....lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:22 AM
I like it! I always wrap the gifts as I buy them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement