Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

How much privacy do you give your kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

It's a different world today than when we were kids.  Today kids have Facebook, Instagram, texting and more.  How often do you check in on your kids internet and cell phone activities?  Do you think they deserve privacy? Or do you think it's your job to track them on a daily basis?

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Replies (31-40):
shylynn22
by New Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:43 PM

just asking but kids can message on fb and then delete certain parts of the message. how do we deal with that to know that they really aren't doing it.

dusky_rose
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Well, my older children live with their dad, but I do have them on facebook and check up on them there. My youngest son is too young to be bothered with all that yet. I check on my niece on FB also. There is only so much I can do from here though.

MichelleK41
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Yes I give our children privacy. They have cell's for emergency when away from home and they know they have to answer it when I call and they also have check in times. Ours are not big on fb, they'd rather draw or play a game.

Angel267
by New Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Quoting TigerofMu:

I absolutely check on my kids' online activities.  I keep an eye on my kids' rooms, stuff, whatever.  It is my job to protect them and guide them.  I can't keep them safe if I know what they're doing.

kirstina
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:04 PM

My kids are still young my oldest is 5. I dont think kids need privacy. They can write in a journal and I will not read it but anything they post online, text and whatever they may do is fair game for me to read. This is for teens upto 16. At 16 they shoudl get so privacy but I will still monitor things.

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Agreed.

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

I feel that in general, children need some level of privacy.

Now when it comes to the computer and cell phones and whatnot, I feel they SHOULD be monitored.

kellynh
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Every couple of days on FB!! 

mrsjonzy
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:06 PM

I dont think privacy and technology belongs the same sentence. Trust be verify. 

fullxbusymom
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Rooms & mail they deserve privacy.  Internet I am all in their business.  Cell phones I have had no need as of yet @ 15 & 14.

HisSweetheart07
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:17 PM

mine are too young for anyhing online besides PBSkids.org lol

When they get old enough - I plan on doing random checks but letting them believe I'm checking on them often.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)