Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Are stocking stuffers important?

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:42 PM
  • 21 Replies

We have gotten the tree and the tree ornaments/ lights down, but dh didn't get the box that has the stockings. He says he's done Christmas shopping, (he's the one who makes and handles the $, and he is the one who usually does all the shopping, because he loves it and I hate it, plus, like I said, he's the one with the money), but he hasn't gotten any stocking stuffers yet.

I brought it up and asked if he was going to get the stocking stuffers and he looked at me like I was silly and said that he didn't thinik stocking stuffers were important. He's bought the kids a few gifts, and is giving them each 150$ to buy whatever they want, and he's planning on giving them that and taking them shopping to spend it on Christmas eve, (they will be with their Dad on Christmas). That's another reason he doesn't think it matters with the stocking stuffers, because they will be at their Dad's on Christmas, but they don't believe in Santa anymore anyway, so it's not going to shock them if their stockings get filled early.

I'm thinking I'm jusy going to take their child support and use some of it to buy stocking stuffers.

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Id say if they are bigger and know about santa its not a must, but my parents would get use some useful items, and some candies and stuff, hairties, toothbrushes, pens, word finds, our fav candy...cute lil things. My kids are small so stockings are a must
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandbuster
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:51 PM

YES!

to me they are very important. We have family traditions that involve the stockings. I spend more time on the stockings than the actual gifts.

momofsixangels
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:51 PM

My kids love looking in their stockings.Its the first thing they do Christmas morning

loisl25
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Yeah, I kwym. I think last year was the first year my parents didn't have a stocking for us, (adults) at their house. They just bought us some scratch off lottery tickets in a cardboard sleeve that looked like a stocking. Even though I was 32, I was still dissapointed. Although, my parents WILL have a stocking for my kids, and likely so will their Dad, so, if I get them one, they'll have 3, but I still feel like I have to do it. I'm their Mom, so essentially, I AM Santa, kwim?

Quoting lillucky8:

Id say if they are bigger and know about santa its not a must, but my parents would get use some useful items, and some candies and stuff, hairties, toothbrushes, pens, word finds, our fav candy...cute lil things. My kids are small so stockings are a must

inmybizz
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:14 PM

No.

gmadiane
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I dont think you have to do stockings

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:44 PM

I think they're fun but not necessary.  It sounds like they're getting a great Christmas.  I think you should just go do whatever makes you feel the best about it.  :)

loisl25
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks. I wasn't sure. On the one hand, they're kind of getting THREE Christmases, one here, on at Grandma's and one at their Dad's, on the other hand, we've been kinda lazy in mostly just giving them money, but I know they'll have plenty to open for Christmas.

Quoting louannwilkins:

I think they're fun but not necessary.  It sounds like they're getting a great Christmas.  I think you should just go do whatever makes you feel the best about it.  :)

Moms_Angels1960
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:24 PM

IDK, I think they are kind of important I like to even get mine filled even though I am doing the filling.

Turtledoves
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
They're important to me. For some reason, there's a whole different magic to gifts in the stocking. And who doesn't love leftover Christmas chocolates that are bound to be in there?

Could you buy a few small things? Stockings could be done well for under $15. Some candy and small toys would suffice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)