Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

What makes you choose a store?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:22 PM
  • 32 Replies

What is important to you when choosing a store?  location, price, selection or something else?  I always look for a good price but I like a relaxing atmosphere, when a store is so crowded you cant move I cant stand it, I use to like walmart but the one closest to where I live is just too crowded I dread going anymore.

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brownhoney21
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Quility,price,and location.

gmadiane
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I also appreciate good customer service

momofsixangels
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Price and location

Turtledoves
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Location, selection and price.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:34 PM

I'm kinda weird..I follow my nose..If a store smells good(perfume, candles,fragrance) that will initially strike my interest to go in..Otherwise it's location, reputation, quality, selection, customer service, price, ability to find what i need fast.

loisl25
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Price, how long I have to wait in line at checkout, parking, service inside the store. I've always HATED Wal Mart because 1. it's impossible to park 2. once you park, it's like playing Frogger trying to get from the parking lot to the store 3. the store is so crowded that someone's constantly in my way and I'm constantly in someone else's way 4. I have to wait at the check out FOREVER. Even when it's less crowded, they notice that the lines are apparently not long enough for their liking and cut the number of open registers, so that then there's like 2 lines open and those are both a mile long. 5. For some reason, the type of people who tend to be at Wal Mart are often not really the type of people I want to be around, if you know what I mean. Lady who screams obscenities across the store at her 3 year old, I'm talkin to you! All of that mostly boils down to it being too crowded. However, as much as I hate it, I always end up going back there, just because it's too convenient. They have everything I need in one place. If I have to choose between going to three different places on Saturday because, I need new tires, I need groceries, and I need to clothes shop, or I can just go to Wal Mart, I'm going to go to Wal Mart.

I like JC Penny, although they recently started laying off LOTS of their employees, like maybe a year or two ago, and so now I just wander around like, "Hello! Can anybody help me!? I have a question!", so I go there less now. Dh LOVES Target, he goes there like three times every payday weekend. I'll be like, "Hey, you've been there TWICE already, what can you possibly need that you didn't already get?" LOL. I like Target too, but not enough to go there every day like he does. Although, if I had more spending money, like dh does, I'd probably find going to Target more fun, too.

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Price and quality. I also look for variety.

inmybizz
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I forgot about parking..That's another one for me as well..I have a hard time with IKEA..I feel like a rat going through the maze trying to find checkout.. 

Quoting loisl25:

Price, how long I have to wait in line at checkout, parking, service inside the store. I've always HATED Wal Mart because 1. it's impossible to park 2. once you park, it's like playing Frogger trying to get from the parking lot to the store 3. the store is so crowded that someone's constantly in my way and I'm constantly in someone else's way 4. I have to wait at the check out FOREVER. Even when it's less crowded, they notice that the lines are apparently not long enough for their liking and cut the number of open registers, so that then there's like 2 lines open and those are both a mile long. 5. For some reason, the type of people who tend to be at Wal Mart are often not really the type of people I want to be around, if you know what I mean. Lady who screams obscenities across the store at her 3 year old, I'm talkin to you! All of that mostly boils down to it being too crowded. However, as much as I hate it, I always end up going back there, just because it's too convenient. They have everything I need in one place. If I have to choose between going to three different places on Saturday because, I need new tires, I need groceries, and I need to clothes shop, or I can just go to Wal Mart, I'm going to go to Wal Mart.

I like JC Penny, although they recently started laying off LOTS of their employees, like maybe a year or two ago, and so now I just wander around like, "Hello! Can anybody help me!? I have a question!", so I go there less now. Dh LOVES Target, he goes there like three times every payday weekend. I'll be like, "Hey, you've been there TWICE already, what can you possibly need that you didn't already get?" LOL. I like Target too, but not enough to go there every day like he does. Although, if I had more spending money, like dh does, I'd probably find going to Target more fun, too.

gmadiane
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:48 PM

do  you know I have had people think I am weird because I notice if something smells off in a store and I dont want to go back, lol

Quoting inmybizz:

I'm kinda weird..I follow my nose..If a store smells good(perfume, candles,fragrance) that will initially strike my interest to go in..Otherwise it's location, reputation, quality, selection, customer service, price, ability to find what i need fast.

GypsiSky
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Quality only.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)