Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

What makes you choose a store?

Posted by   + Show Post

What is important to you when choosing a store?  location, price, selection or something else?  I always look for a good price but I like a relaxing atmosphere, when a store is so crowded you cant move I cant stand it, I use to like walmart but the one closest to where I live is just too crowded I dread going anymore.

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Replies (21-30):
SlightlyPerfect
Ugliness and worthlessness, when combined, will only produce failure.
Today at 10:16 AM
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Our closest Walmart is so dirty. Customers don't control their children, and I think the employees just realize it's pointless to keep picking up after them.

So, for me, a lot of it has to do with the clientele of the store. I don't want to deal with other people's misbehaving children, people's attitudes, etc.

After that, it's quality and price. I can stay home and shop online, so if you're going to get me out to a store, there better be bargains, and you better not have too many crazy people shopping there. (And I know the latter is not something a store can really control, but it is par for the course.)

slightlyperfect

Mommy2justone
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 9:24 AM

We live in a town where there are a lot of smaller stores, family run. I would define our town as Hindi/hippy. So I try to shop at our local shops. We have on near us called Patel brothers that has a great produce selection. They are family run. 

For clothing I buy second hand, we have a second hand store called "Down on main" that is run by a sweet old lady.

I try not to buy corporate, but I can't help it a lot of the time due to budget :( 

LancesMom
Yesterday at 5:56 PM
by Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Product. I don't like to buy a lot of cheap stuff over and over. So I like to go to a store that sells good things.And I don't have to worry about returning or things just breaking.

Don't get me wrong, I do go to dollar stores and what not for items too.

sukainah
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I like everything in one place, but have quality items and variety for a good price.

lalasmama2007
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Prices, quality, good customer service, good return policy.

.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I go for price and selection mostly.

Threes.Company
by Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Price

Quality

Style

Online availability

Free shipping

Cleanliness

Kmakksmom
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 7:30 PM

location and price.  or anywhere besides Walmart.  It's too dirty and crowded in there for me now.

slw123
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Location and prices are a big one, but customer service is huge.  I get better customer service in Target than I do in Wal-Mart, so I drive past Wal-mart to go to Target.

corrinacs
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 8:36 PM

For me, its usually about location and selection.  Grocery stores must have food that I can get for my kids with food allergies....otherwise they are useless LOL.

And like you, the Walmart here is horendous :/.  I don't even go.  I drive a hint farther and go to Target, which is a much better experience.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)