Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Why do resolutions rarely stick?

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:05 AM
  • 60 Replies
1 mom liked this

It's a new year, the perfect time to start fresh and traditionally the time to make New Year's resolutions.

So many of us makes resolutions to lose weight, stop smoking  and we even promise ourselves to be kinder or more attentive to our family.
Unfortunately just can’t seem to make them stick.

Why do you think resolutions rarely stick?

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlightlyPerfect
It is one of the highest forms of arrogance for people to assume they can bestow forgiveness on someone else for their own self-inflicted maiming.
Yesterday at 2:59 PM
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I think it's about motivation. If you want to do something, you will. If you don't, you won't. You don't need a time or place, although external stimulation (like support) can help. New Year's, however, is a nice purveyor of conditions that allow for goals to manifest (especially those marinating in insecurities, like losing weight, or about health, like quitting smoking), but without motivation, they won't stick effectively.

slightlyperfect

Hottmomma607
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:48 AM
I think that people try to hard! And if you don't apply life changes yearly then its not gonna work month out of the year!
momofsixangels
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I think we have good intentions but then life just gets in the way and the resolutions are pushed aside

gmadiane
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:32 PM
I dont make resolutions I have a few things that I want to accomplish this year but I dont put too much pressure on myself
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:17 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I think people make too many *unrealistic* ones & then can't follow through ;)

Bob192
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:34 PM

If we really want to do something, we'll do it.  Not wait for a specific day to do it.

Albond86
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Totally agree with this

Quoting hugss:

I think people make too many *unrealistic* ones & then can't follow through ;)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cnieno24
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Most people make New Year's resolutions but they don't stick with the resolutions because they think that they cant accomplish their goals. Its hard to commit to anything in these times. I try so hard to come up with small goals and I can't even accomplish those and they are similar to my New Year's resolutions.
aidensmomma508
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:47 PM
People don't stick to them basically
kellynh
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:02 AM

They are unrealistic...  And too long term.. If people said by Jan 15th I will.... Ect... And make more short term goals... They would have more of a chance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)