Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Why do resolutions rarely stick?

Posted by   + Show Post

It's a new year, the perfect time to start fresh and traditionally the time to make New Year's resolutions.

So many of us makes resolutions to lose weight, stop smoking  and we even promise ourselves to be kinder or more attentive to our family.
Unfortunately just can’t seem to make them stick.

Why do you think resolutions rarely stick?

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Replies (31-40):
lalasmama2007
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:04 PM
I don't know. I never make them.
ReniaEats
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:31 PM
We are too unrealistic. Little things really do yield huge results. This year I'm drinking a protein shake within 30 minutes of waking and writing at least 10 minutes a day. Doesn't sound like a lot but it's enough. Small changes yield big things!
timon95
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:31 PM

because not everyone works at them? that is why i don't make any! :)

Wish2Be
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I agree they dont stick...and I agree with Andrea !

Heather2001
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:34 AM

I think too many resolutions are too lofty and out-of-reach.  We all have good intentions, but fail to realize that some goals aren't realistic nor do we implement a plan to acheive them.

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I agree!

Quoting Hottmomma607:

I think that people try to hard! And if you don't apply life changes yearly then its not gonna work month out of the year!

natesmom1228
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Because people get bored with the same thing.

AleaKat
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Because people bite off more than they can chew.
Instead of making this huge promise to change the way you work put or eat or something from now on...
Just go one day at a time.
Making a long term commitment to something is all well and good but just like with anything it can be overwhelming.
The best thing to do is wake up each day and say " ok TODAY I'm going to exercise or whatever"....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GypsiSky
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I don't really know, but making goals (both big and small) is so much more productive than making resolutions.

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:41 AM

People make resoluntions on New Year because it is the thing to do, not because they really want to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)