Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Food Addictions! Hear what Andrew, Joanie and Chuck had to say!

Cafe AmyB
28 minutes ago
Winter Fun #Fridgeworthy Moments Challenge! Enter to Win HUGE Prizes! - CafeMom

Show us your kidsâ most awesome cold weather moments! From baking cookies and decorating for the holidays to speci

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:42 PM
  • 73 Replies
1 mom liked this

Recently we asked "Are you addicted to food"?

We wanted to know if you felt an addiction to food or if you eat for emotional reasons.

The Mad Life panel discusses this issue and shares their thoughts.

How do you keep food from becoming the focus of your everyday life?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsBlueBelle
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:21 AM
Well, I had help. Some scam group calling themselves the Wounded Warrior Foundadtion said they would make my kitchen handicap accessible, so they ripped out the counters, sink, plumbing, electrics, and when they found out I was NOT a post 9/11 disabled veteran, but still a disabaled veteran, they left! So, since I cannot cook, store of fix food, I have to buy food every day, which is difficult to do, I have to push myself in my wheelhair to get kibble for me and my service dog. So, the next time you look into your fridge, stuff somthing into a microwave, cook something on your stove, wash a dish, or plug in the coffee maker, think of me. I have none of those things.
brownhoney21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:16 AM

I fine other things to do.

MichelleK41
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:20 AM
I keep my mind busy on other things besides eating. Also when staying on the go lots and lots of water.
SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:04 AM
I don't have this issue.
wandep
Please join my group Cleaning the Flylady Way. We'd love to have you! :)
Yesterday at 3:42 PM
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I try to find other things to do also I am member of weight watchers.

aidensmomma508
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Oh but it is lol 

natesmom1228
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM
I don't have food or any other type of addiction. I watch what I eat very closely.
emilyrosenj
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM
I just don't focus on food. I like to eat but I'm making healthier choices now. I do a menu plan as well which helps me not to worry about what to have for meals. That helped a lot with taking my mind off food.
scoleman828
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:35 AM
That's terrible! where do you live? I would like to help if I can...

Quoting MsBlueBelle:

Well, I had help. Some scam group calling themselves the Wounded Warrior Foundadtion said they would make my kitchen handicap accessible, so they ripped out the counters, sink, plumbing, electrics, and when they found out I was NOT a post 9/11 disabled veteran, but still a disabaled veteran, they left!
So, since I cannot cook, store of fix food, I have to buy food every day, which is difficult to do, I have to push myself in my wheelhair to get kibble for me and my service dog. So, the next time you look into your fridge, stuff somthing into a microwave, cook something on your stove, wash a dish, or plug in the coffee maker, think of me. I have none of those things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I'm not addicted to food but if things get really stressful I do tend to eat more.  If I start to turn to food, I try to have a cup of hot tea instead.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)