Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Food Addictions! Hear what Andrew, Joanie and Chuck had to say!

Posted by   + Show Post

Recently we asked "Are you addicted to food"?

We wanted to know if you felt an addiction to food or if you eat for emotional reasons.

The Mad Life panel discusses this issue and shares their thoughts.

How do you keep food from becoming the focus of your everyday life?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
.Angelica.
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I think most everyone in this country probably is. it's sad really what we put into our bodies and yes i'm guilty of it. I wish eating healthy were easier.

ceciliam
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM

That's awful....so sorry to hear you are going through this:(

Quoting MsBlueBelle:

Well, I had help. Some scam group calling themselves the Wounded Warrior Foundadtion said they would make my kitchen handicap accessible, so they ripped out the counters, sink, plumbing, electrics, and when they found out I was NOT a post 9/11 disabled veteran, but still a disabaled veteran, they left! So, since I cannot cook, store of fix food, I have to buy food every day, which is difficult to do, I have to push myself in my wheelhair to get kibble for me and my service dog. So, the next time you look into your fridge, stuff somthing into a microwave, cook something on your stove, wash a dish, or plug in the coffee maker, think of me. I have none of those things.

ceciliam
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I don't really have food addictions and eating healthy is top priority for me. I wish we had more groups on CM that were dedicated to healthy recipes....

MsBlueBelle
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I have already contacted every State level legal action I can, since no money changed hands, the Attorney General will do nothing, the Unions, I thought would be mad as a wet hen because this group sent an of work math teacher, not a licensed plumber/electrician, and even they could not get the situation remedied.  I appreciate the offer but I don't think you can get much further than I did, through all the ways of fixing the deal.  It kind of gives my home a 'slum' 'lived in' sort of look.  The hose, I think adds just the right touch, when I want to take a shower.  Yes, all my plumbing lines, except the hoses on the outside of the house are off.  I don't use electrics in the kitchen, because they have exposed live wires hanging from place to place.  But unheated water is horribly cold to try to shower in.  No wonder I have pneumonia.

Quoting scoleman828:

That's terrible! where do you live? I would like to help if I can...

Quoting MsBlueBelle:

Well, I had help. Some scam group calling themselves the Wounded Warrior Foundadtion said they would make my kitchen handicap accessible, so they ripped out the counters, sink, plumbing, electrics, and when they found out I was NOT a post 9/11 disabled veteran, but still a disabaled veteran, they left!
So, since I cannot cook, store of fix food, I have to buy food every day, which is difficult to do, I have to push myself in my wheelhair to get kibble for me and my service dog. So, the next time you look into your fridge, stuff somthing into a microwave, cook something on your stove, wash a dish, or plug in the coffee maker, think of me. I have none of those things.

lalasmama2007
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I don't have this problem.

RobynS
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I only just realized a few years ago that I am an emotional eater. Bored, sad, angry, nervous... I turn to food. My weight is okay now, but my body fat percentage isn't.

RobynS
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:38 AM

If you're addicted to a drug, you can give up the drug. But if you have a problem with food, you still have to have food.

arpazia
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Quoting MsBlueBelle:

Well, I had help. Some scam group calling themselves the Wounded Warrior Foundadtion said they would make my kitchen handicap accessible, so they ripped out the counters, sink, plumbing, electrics, and when they found out I was NOT a post 9/11 disabled veteran, but still a disabaled veteran, they left! So, since I cannot cook, store of fix food, I have to buy food every day, which is difficult to do, I have to push myself in my wheelhair to get kibble for me and my service dog. So, the next time you look into your fridge, stuff somthing into a microwave, cook something on your stove, wash a dish, or plug in the coffee maker, think of me. I have none of those things.

Omg! Assholes!!!!! I'm so mad! A vet is a vet, 9/ or not:(

im so sorry

RobynS
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:11 PM
I admit, I haven't quite mastered this yet. I'm a fairly healthy eater, but I do have my vices.
MamaMandee
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I enjoy food but I dont have an addiction to it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN