Advertisement Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Food Addictions! Hear what Andrew, Joanie and Chuck had to say!

Posted by   + Show Post

Recently we asked "Are you addicted to food"?

We wanted to know if you felt an addiction to food or if you eat for emotional reasons.

The Mad Life panel discusses this issue and shares their thoughts.

How do you keep food from becoming the focus of your everyday life?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Replies (21-30):
jessicasmom1
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Drink plenty of water and walk with your dogs, kids, swim, ride a bike ... go walk the mall if it 's cold outside
MsBlueBelle
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:46 PM

next time you see trace adkins remind him when he sings that song from the jungles of vietnam to the hills of afghanistan...btw these guys said russia never invaded afghanistan...i beg to differ

i am only a cold war veteran 

Quoting arpazia:

Quoting MsBlueBelle:

Well, I had help. Some scam group calling themselves the Wounded Warrior Foundadtion said they would make my kitchen handicap accessible, so they ripped out the counters, sink, plumbing, electrics, and when they found out I was NOT a post 9/11 disabled veteran, but still a disabaled veteran, they left! So, since I cannot cook, store of fix food, I have to buy food every day, which is difficult to do, I have to push myself in my wheelhair to get kibble for me and my service dog. So, the next time you look into your fridge, stuff somthing into a microwave, cook something on your stove, wash a dish, or plug in the coffee maker, think of me. I have none of those things.

Omg! Assholes!!!!! I'm so mad! A vet is a vet, 9/ or not:(

im so sorry

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Find other things to do.

Bob192
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:27 PM

I am doing much better than I used to, I enjoy working out now.  That is a lot of my focus.  But I love food, it just tastes so good!!

aneela
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:36 PM

food is definitely NOT an issue for me...altho i wish healthier food options were cheaper...organic stuff

countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I am not really addicted to food.  Sometimes I will eat when stressed but not often and even when I do I make a choice to do it, it isn't like I have to have it like an addict. 

sukainah
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I'm an emotional eater and am over-weight.  I know what I need to do but it's really hard.  I try to chew gum, sometimes, when I feel like eating.

GwenMB
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:04 PM
I definitely eat when stressed, bored etc. This year I'm trying to replace food that isn't as healthy w fruit& veggies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:10 PM
I eat to fuel my body... and when I want a treat, I use MODERATION. I also work out extra if I know I am going to have something really bad.
timon95
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Drink something instead of eat.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement