Advertisement Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Food Addictions! Hear what Andrew, Joanie and Chuck had to say!

Posted by   + Show Post

Recently we asked "Are you addicted to food"?

We wanted to know if you felt an addiction to food or if you eat for emotional reasons.

The Mad Life panel discusses this issue and shares their thoughts.

How do you keep food from becoming the focus of your everyday life?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Replies (31-40):
tayanddyl
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:42 PM

It's almost impossible living in New Orleans.  But I have to remind myself I lost 20 lbs, I don't want to regain them!

MsBlueBelle
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:50 PM

just so you know i don't just sit here on cafemom and whine about my situation, i cleaned out my email files today and i discovered in 2012, i sent out over 2,700 emails to any charity, celebrity, news programs, tv shows, news papers, companies, you name it i sent them a letter and was shot down each and every time.  even hugh hefner on wife number  2 billion could care less, i bet i could live in his garage and still have heat and hot water

abra
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I take issue with saying it is as simple as calorie counting because the truth is *not all calories are created equal*! Instead of substituting mayo for imitation spreads, try making your mayo from scratch. Your body knows how to process real foods! You'd be amazed at how much real food I eat!
KaylaMillar
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:20 PM
I try to keep my mind off of it.
slw123
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Food is fuel for my body.  One's body is what one puts into it. 

Sisteract
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Eat to live not live to eat.
dusky_rose
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I think that I'm addicted to chocolate, but I find that I eat less when I find other things to keep my mind busy.

Leelee1008
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:02 PM
keep myself busy with cleaning and the kids
MsBlueBelle
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:00 AM
lets see, it was raining today and i hate to get drenched because it is over two miles to he local $ store for food. so, found a couple of really stale crackers in the bottom of my purse and then i shook out my service dogs food bag, that we take with us to long appointments and found a bag of kibble for him for dinner. hopefully it will quit raining tomorrow so i can get myself some food. i am so hungry.
MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:24 AM

When I want to go for sweets I distract myself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement