Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Food Addictions! Hear what Andrew, Joanie and Chuck had to say!

Posted by   + Show Post

Recently we asked "Are you addicted to food"?

We wanted to know if you felt an addiction to food or if you eat for emotional reasons.

The Mad Life panel discusses this issue and shares their thoughts.

How do you keep food from becoming the focus of your everyday life?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Replies (41-50):
Charizma77
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:55 AM
I eat more when I am stressed :(
chrissysnow22
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Well growing up in a restaurant I learned bad habits like not eating properly, working through lunch, and eating quick snack crap to keep going , and then binging on whatever was available at home.
I am still working on eating right. I have stopped emotional eating a few years ago.
Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Very interesting!

elasmimi
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I haven't figured out a way yet, but I'm working on it.

GwenMB
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Quoting MsBlueBelle:

lets see, it was raining today and i hate to get drenched because it is over two miles to he local $ store for food. so, found a couple of really stale crackers in the bottom of my purse and then i shook out my service dogs food bag, that we take with us to long appointments and found a bag of kibble for him for dinner. hopefully it will quit raining tomorrow so i can get myself some food. i am so hungry.

Where do you live?  Surely there is a local church or other charity that would help you if you contacted them.

jessicasmom1
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:26 AM
we love vegetables .... fresh ones
Hottmomma607
OMG!!! Jax is gonna go off the deep end!! Even deeper! lol
Yesterday at 11:47 AM
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Not addicted!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GypsiSky
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Since becoming a raw vegan (fruitarian), I have no junk food cravings. If I crave anything, it's fresh raw greens, then I eat them, lol.
MsBlueBelle
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I live in the Deep South so you cannot swing a cat without hitting a church of some kind.  As I posted earlier, after sorting out the last years email and stuffing them into the email folders and totaled up over 2,700 emails to all sorts of places in request of help.  It is also a bitter pill that I realized yesterday, too, that I have been begging half my life to get VA to do its job.  I was 26 years old when I applied and am now 52 years old. Go figure.

I was looking through some photo albums of all the places I lived while traveling with the military, I saw a photo of a dog that lived down the drove, (not misspelled)  I lived in Soham, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom, and I lived on Little Hasse Drove, exact address, look it up on google earth, the house has not changed a bit.  The Bungalow, Little Hasse Drove, Soham, Cambridgeshire, UK, the elderly lady down the street had a faithful dog who each day he would trot past my house with a paper sack in his mouth.  I watched, not knowing his secret.  I found out when I ventured down the Drove, she would put a list and some money in a paper bag and the dog would trot off to town and pick up what she wanted and then he would come back home with the items.  Sounds like Lassie.  I have a service dog, a Rough Coated Collie named Barker (the same breed as Lassie) even though he does amazing things, I don't see him going shopping for me.  He would do it, but folks are afraid of him because he is big, 86 lbs, and because a dog off leash will be picked up and sent to the pound.  I cannot afford to have him replaced. 

Here are a couple pictures of my old home and it's view, I could see Ely Cathedral from my kitchen window and a picture of Barker, my baby.

Barker in a rare blizzard.

Ely Cathedral from the view of the fens, like the Dutch did to drain the swamps and use it for planting.  When I lived there it was planted with sugar beets and carrots.

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting MsBlueBelle:

lets see, it was raining today and i hate to get drenched because it is over two miles to he local $ store for food. so, found a couple of really stale crackers in the bottom of my purse and then i shook out my service dogs food bag, that we take with us to long appointments and found a bag of kibble for him for dinner. hopefully it will quit raining tomorrow so i can get myself some food. i am so hungry.

Where do you live?  Surely there is a local church or other charity that would help you if you contacted them.

GwenMB
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I find it hard to believe that you told every church in your area that you only have stale crackers to eat & every single one of them ignored you.  If they aren't responding to emails, call them.

I'd come bring you food except that I live in Minnesota.

Look up the United Way in your area.  Someone there can find someone to pick you up & bring you to the grocery store.  Call 211 or go to www.211.org.

Call your Congressman, U.S. Senators, your local state representatives & tell them the VA isn't helping. If you already emailed all of them call them now.

Quoting MsBlueBelle:

I live in the Deep South so you cannot swing a cat without hitting a church of some kind.  As I posted earlier, after sorting out the last years email and stuffing them into the email folders and totaled up over 2,700 emails to all sorts of places in request of help.  It is also a bitter pill that I realized yesterday, too, that I have been begging half my life to get VA to do its job.  I was 26 years old when I applied and am now 52 years old. Go figure.

I was looking through some photo albums of all the places I lived while traveling with the military, I saw a photo of a dog that lived down the drove, (not misspelled)  I lived in Soham, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom, and I lived on Little Hasse Drove, exact address, look it up on google earth, the house has not changed a bit.  The Bungalow, Little Hasse Drove, Soham, Cambridgeshire, UK, the elderly lady down the street had a faithful dog who each day he would trot past my house with a paper sack in his mouth.  I watched, not knowing his secret.  I found out when I ventured down the Drove, she would put a list and some money in a paper bag and the dog would trot off to town and pick up what she wanted and then he would come back home with the items.  Sounds like Lassie.  I have a service dog, a Rough Coated Collie named Barker (the same breed as Lassie) even though he does amazing things, I don't see him going shopping for me.  He would do it, but folks are afraid of him because he is big, 86 lbs, and because a dog off leash will be picked up and sent to the pound.  I cannot afford to have him replaced. 

Here are a couple pictures of my old home and it's view, I could see Ely Cathedral from my kitchen window and a picture of Barker, my baby.

Barker in a rare blizzard.

Ely Cathedral from the view of the fens, like the Dutch did to drain the swamps and use it for planting.  When I lived there it was planted with sugar beets and carrots.

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting MsBlueBelle:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)