Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Food Addictions! Hear what Andrew, Joanie and Chuck had to say!

Posted by   + Show Post

Recently we asked "Are you addicted to food"?

We wanted to know if you felt an addiction to food or if you eat for emotional reasons.

The Mad Life panel discusses this issue and shares their thoughts.

How do you keep food from becoming the focus of your everyday life?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Replies (51-60):
faithfulme
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM
I do crave for certain food at times but I hardly think about it because I'm usually busy. Once in awhile I treat myself with my craving because I think it's okay as long as I don't make a daily habit. After all, there's nothing wrong with rewarding y
faithfulme
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM
I do crave for certain food at times but I hardly think about it because I'm usually busy. Once in awhile I treat myself with my craving because I think it's okay as long as I don't make a daily habit. After all, there's nothing wrong with rewarding y
faithfulme
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:13 PM
yourself every now and then
MsBlueBelle
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:11 PM

I think if I had an unlimited supply of only certain foods, I would list baked potatoes, sour cream, Mounds bars, beef ravioli, with NO sauce.  I am also a fan of black beans and rice. 

momofsixangels
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I do household chores or go for a bike ride

MsBlueBelle
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:14 PM
I am so excited, the American Red Cross, local chapter is sending some people next week. Not sure what they can and wll do, but anything is something and I cannot wait. I will let you all know what happens. One upside to the daily wheelchair fun,I have dropped another 25 pounds, I need to, I blew up twice my size from the steroids given durng past chemo treatments. 2013 marks year six that I am still cancer free. The doctor told me it was okay, the fat helps to fuel recovery, and it was true. I hope I don't sound like 'oh poor fat me...' that is not what I want, I don't want cheese with my whine. Thanks all the prayers and support, it has been great
Rushn311
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:27 PM
It's convenient
Charizma77
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Junk food is a huge weakness of mine :(
Juniper53098
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I'm so glad you're getting some assistance!!

Quoting MsBlueBelle:

I am so excited, the American Red Cross, local chapter is sending some people next week. Not sure what they can and wll do, but anything is something and I cannot wait. I will let you all know what happens. One upside to the daily wheelchair fun,I have dropped another 25 pounds, I need to, I blew up twice my size from the steroids given durng past chemo treatments. 2013 marks year six that I am still cancer free. The doctor told me it was okay, the fat helps to fuel recovery, and it was true. I hope I don't sound like 'oh poor fat me...' that is not what I want, I don't want cheese with my whine. Thanks all the prayers and support, it has been great

abra
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:02 PM
I eat dark chocolate and have a glass of wine around that time of the month. Does that count as emotional eating?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)