Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Food Addictions! Hear what Andrew, Joanie and Chuck had to say!

Posted by   + Show Post

Recently we asked "Are you addicted to food"?

We wanted to know if you felt an addiction to food or if you eat for emotional reasons.

The Mad Life panel discusses this issue and shares their thoughts.

How do you keep food from becoming the focus of your everyday life?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Replies (61-70):
ktp111
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:42 AM
I try to stay busy, but when I get relaxed and want to eat i usually will try some fruit instead of potato chips, or if i have chips, which are my downfall, i drink alot of water with them
Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:10 PM
I keep busy. Sometimes I forget to eat. Of course I make up for it when I remember.
RobynS
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:03 PM
I do sometimes crave healthy things--like asparagus, for example. Yum! And green beans!! :)
heather4511
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Well in my opinion we crave junk because our body is in need of something else. And I actually do crave fruits alot of times. So i try to keep the house stocked with healthy options and dont even buy the bad stuff to resist temptation.
heather4511
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:42 PM
I think of the calories and read the ingredients...HUGE turn off.
slw123
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:22 PM
I go ahead and feed my body with something healthy.
bruingirl
by New Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:40 PM
I try to stay busy and keep a water bottle with me at all times. If I do get hungry, I try to snack on healthy, filling snack first like apples, almonds and fresh veges.
bruingirl
by New Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:40 PM
I try to stay busy and keep a water bottle with me at all times. If I do get hungry, I try to snack on healthy, filling snack first like apples, almonds and fresh veges.
Truelove77
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Read,clean keep busy!Drink water before eating! Dont eat alot of junk food!
copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:54 AM
I actually do crave healthy foods a lot of the times. I will want asparagus, broccoli, cantaloupe, watermelon or grapes. I have noticed when I do eat really bad that is all I crave. When I eat good I crave the good things. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN