Advertisement Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Mad Life Challenge Day 7: Sleep Tight!

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:42 PM
  • 73 Replies

When you're a mom sometimes getting the sleep you need is tough. Today's challenge is to a make a plan to get a better night's sleep.

Here are tips that will help you sleep better:

• Stick to a schedule and go to sleep at the same time every night.
  • Avoid naps.
  • Avoid watching TV, eating, and discussing emotional issues in bed
  • Keep the bedroom comfortable.
  • Exercise at some point during the day.
  • Avoid caffeine.
  • Avoid alcohol before bedtime.
  • Try a little white noise or waterfalls when you are falling asleep.
  • Don't let your mind wander to what's stressing you during the day.

quiet

What are your biggest obstacles to getting a good night's sleep? What time do you usually go to bed at night?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it hereIf you haven't signed up for the Mad Life Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I get tired but am so stressed out I just cant sleep.I have tried baths and getting up and doing something and then lying down again

Babujai
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I'm like a freaking kid when it comes to go to bed at night!  I stay up watching TV and whatever I can do to stay up like I'm afraid I'm gonna miss something...LOL!  And then when I actually do want to go to bed I remember 4 things I have to do RIGHT NOW!  I usually fall asleep accidentally around 8:30p-9p...wake up around 10p-10:30p...take care of some things and then go to bed again around 11:30p-Midnight.

lillucky8
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:15 PM
Lately my obstacle is being glued to the tv. Im not sure why but the last few weeks ive been staying up til 11 watching ridiculous tv. I think my body is finally getting back to normalcy after having my son. I try to be in bed by ten so i can get eight hrs of slp, but some nights it is interupted by my son who is almost five months old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tharealty2
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I've had insomnia as far back as I can remember, I've tried all the above tips and more - the bottom line is I can't shut off my brain and in fact it kicks into overdrive once I get the kids in bed and its impossible for me to get to sleep.

inmybizz
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:18 PM

My biggest obstacle was getting my daughter on a sleep schedule(when she was a baby). Once we got our routine down it was all good..My daughter goes to bed at 8 and i have the rest of the evening to decompress..By 10pm my eyes are getting heavy. 

Trixi.VonLace
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Avoid caffeine? I will just pretend I didn't read tha.

I love me a good nap lol!!! Honestly though if I sleep for half an hour 1:00-1:30, I sleep better at night and have more energy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:21 PM

I generally can fall asleep pretty good.  I do wake up a lot now in the night and I never use to do that.  I sleep with a fan on high...all year long...lol.  I also use a ceiling fan but I have to have a reg fan blowing right on my face.  lol  It helps me sleep and probably blocks out some noises. 

wandep
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:21 PM

My mind wanders at night and I have to get up at least twice during the night to use the bathroom. lol

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Oh...I forgot to answer this part.  I usually go to bed around 11....sometimes earlier and sometimes later.  If I'm stressed out it's harder for me to relax and fall asleep.  That's probably true for most people though. 

loisl25
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:28 PM

HA! LOL! Here is the biggest obstacle to me getting a good night's sleep... I spend half the night walking the floor with her. We usually go to bed somewhere around 10 or 11.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement