Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

what would u do?

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:52 PM
  • 16 Replies
so i walk n on my s/o talkin 2 his friend which is my cousin & i hear my s/o say somethin about my brother when he seen me he gave this look & changed the subject later when iaskd what was said he said he was talkn about how my 6yr old is like my brother.. He was referring to my 6yr old being gay and he isnt i was pissed i would never say anuthing like this about his kids. Grr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cristalf060812
by Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:53 PM
ALSO Y WOULD HE SAY SOMETHING LIKE THIS.. HE SAYS MY KIDS R LIKE HIS OWN.. THEY CALL HIM DAD.. IM SO MAD AND UPSET..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Not exactly following, but I'm sorry you're pissed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cristalf060812
by Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:59 PM
my twin brother told me not to long ago that he was bi. Nothing wrong with that. My s/o says my 6yr old acts like my twin.. He pretty much called him gay with out saying the word gay..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:06 PM

even if he was, why would it matter? Should his love be conditional?

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I would have been upset.

cristalf060812
by Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:52 PM
o i was and still am.. I have nothin against ppl being with the same sex.. As long as there happy whats it matter.. My son is 6yrs old he dont even completely understand what gay is.. I feel like if my s/o needed to say somethin then he should have came to me. He suppose to love my kids as his own not say mean horrible things. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cara124
by Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:57 PM
I'd be p'vd .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cristalf060812
by Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:01 PM
i am and he knows it. I can handle the stupid stufff he says to me but when it comes to my kids well he crossed the line.. I even told him he will b lucky if we made it to 2013 as an item cause he crossed the line way to far this time.. Thanks ladies for listening
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM

That is a tough one.  It sounds like you feel like he was insulting your son which leads me to believe that you are not okay with what your brother shared with you because you feel like it would be a bad thing if your son was like your brother?  I guess I would think of it this way.  If you overheard him say, "Yeah, he is really smart like his uncle who is a doctor," would you be upset?  No, because you think being smart is a good thing so you would be proud he compared him to his uncle that way.  So if you are upset that he feels your son acts like his uncle in certain ways then you maybe aren't as okay with what your brother told you as you have made yourself believe?  I am not trying to be mean or rude at all but if it is upsetting you that he was compared to his uncle then maybe it means you aren't okay with his uncle even if you have been telling yourself you are okay with it.  Just something to think about.

cristalf060812
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:35 AM
my son looks up 2 my s/o. His suppose 2 b there stepdad. He shouldn say things like he did 2day especially about a 6yr old. Im ok with my brother being bi i still love him if my son turns out bi or gay ill still love him that will never change his my son. He wouldn like it if i talkd like this about his kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN