Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Mad Life Challenge Day 9: Balancing Act

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:02 PM
  • 60 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you ever feel like you have a tough time juggling everything in your life? Do you stress about not getting everything done? Today's challenge develop a plan to strike the perfect balance in your life.

Here are some tips to help you balance family, friends, and work:

• Determine your own standards.
  • Don’t compare yourself to others.
  • Make a family calendar.
  • Try to have a date night with your partner once a month.
  • Create time for yourself.
  • Designate some time each week to check in with family and friends.
  • Be flexible and forgive yourself if you can’t get everything done.
  • Don’t be afraid to ask for help.

busy mom

What is your biggest obstacle to balancing things in your life? Is there an area of your life that you feel you needs more attention? When was the last time you did something for yourself?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it hereIf you haven't signed up for the Mad Life Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corrinacs
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:47 PM

My biggest obstacle is finding time to take care of myself.  One thing I have added is going ot the gym myself.  The timing itself isn't bad, and figuring it out isn't bad.....its findnig the TIME to do it!  On the nighst I have gym, I feel like I have to leave everythign else up to DH as far as the kids :/.  He feels bad becaue he didn't get "dinner"......I can't do it all when I commute (get home at 6:30) and then go to gym by 7:15/7:30.......ugh.

momofsixangels
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:50 PM

I get so overwhelmed with everything I have to do.There are days I just cant seem to get the energy to do anything

MamaMandee
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Just finding time to get everything on my daily to do list done, most days I just cant get through it all. 

MrsRobinson06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Doing anything for myself is pretty rare. Keeping up with housework and kids when im not at work occupies my entire weekend. I do wish i had more time that i could spend with my children. I leave the house at 720am and get home at 5pm so i miss their whole day pretty much.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GypsiSky
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I find my life to be nicely balanced... I have my own business so I'm able to have extra time with my little ones! Even while working. My husband and I always make time for each other.  Having a happy and fun life with my husband and kids is what my me time is all about. Life is great!

inmybizz
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:06 PM

I don't have any real obstacles. I'm a sahm with one child in school all day. I have plenty of me time, time to clean, work out, bond with hubby..

cemcnair
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:09 PM
Keeping my house organized between work and family. I just don't want to spend my family time cleaning and organizing.
Babujai
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:11 PM

My biggest obstacle is not having the energy to take care of everything and everybody.  I need more attention from me.

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:15 PM
My biggest obstacle is relaxing nad not feeling like everything has to done right now. I need to work on prioritzing things.
wandep
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:18 PM

I'm a sahm and both are my kids are in school. So I find me time in the mornings and I get my cleaning and all done before they get home to spend time with them. Hubby and I get to go out and spend time with each because my parents take the kids for the weekend on occassion.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)