Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Help! I need your tips on tackling the scramble!

Posted by   + Show Post

The scramble. The juggle. Mad Life...it goes by many different names but doesn't matter what you call it, the majority of us are living it (hopefully today, we are all taking the time away from it and enjoying the merry merry hohos!?). But think about it: the constant speed for many of us is "rush mode." Every mom I talk with says a similar thing: "We are always on the go - when do we ever get some downtime?" Soccer games, homework, piano lessons, work projects, deadlines, birthdays, holidays...it is never-ending.

Which is something we can rationally say, "Hey! It is too much...there will always be something, so SLOW DOWN!" But we never do, for some reason. Do all of the things we are doing bring us happiness? Eh, I'm not so sure, but some we have to do, I know. Ilike what Joanie says, how we need to be at work when we are at work, but when we are at home or doing something else, be doing THAT.

Among his many jobs, my husband teaches acting. There is a huge part of his work that involves getting his students to remember to "stay in the moment," to not think about what they should do in the scene, but to react in the moment, in the here and the now. This is something that I try to remember in my daily scramble, and something that I try to teach my kiddo. Even if our day is jammed, be present and focus and take deep breaths in what you are doing in that.one.moment.

But this all doesn't change the fact that we are all overbooked. I've tried more and more to work into our calendar some scheduled downtime, even if it is just two hours on the weekend where we do nothing. But I still feel rushed a lot of the time, feel I may be missing moments. 

What do you do? How is your scramble...and how do you tackle it? Share your tips!

©iStockphoto.com/hidesy 

by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
timon95
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:34 PM

one day at a time - that's it!

MichelleK41
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:08 PM

For us when I see a clear Saturday on the calendar I make a stern comment to all family members at once, *DO NOT plan for us to do anything on this date!*  They abide, they know there has to be a rest cycle in there some where or momma gets grumpy.

elasmimi
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:27 PM

1) prioritize

2) learn to say no

BabyTeki
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:08 PM
I try to write everything down on my calendar. It make looks crazy to someone else, but it keeps me organized
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:47 PM

luckiliy my life isn't too full or crazy just yet.

Wish2Be
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 6:28 PM

The main rule is not to stress out....if you stress it will drain you terribly and you will get nothing done....you are only one person.

Wish2Be
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Quoting BabyTeki:

I try to write everything down on my calendar. It make looks crazy to someone else, but it keeps me organized

This is great too !

CafeMom Tickers
sukainah
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I just try to take things moment by moment.

MrsRobinson06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 7:08 PM

I have a schedule every week and I just stick to it. I've always been pretty organized so there isn't much scrambling. I am due to have my 3rd child soon though so that will put a kink into my daily duties that I will need to absorb and alter a bit until I get used to the change lol.

Bob192
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:00 PM

We have family date nights.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN