Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

How do you deal with your food issues?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 56 Replies
1 mom liked this

Um, yeah, I made one too...I'm talking about a resolution involving my relationship with food. Food resolutions -- whether it is losing weight or cutting back on sugar or battling that diet soda habit -- are among the top resolutions that were made less than 48 hours ago by millions of folks. Mine? To cook more than with the microwave (yes, that is totally another post topic).  

But as Guru Alicia points out, tackling a food addiction in whatever form isn't about dieting or restricting one food group or detoxing. It is pure math - figuring how many calories you are eating and how much you are moving your body. I definitely don't move my body enough and I feel it now. I need to stretch more in 2013. 

The cool thing for all of us? We live in an age where there are a gazillion and one (yes, I counted them!) ways we can track that calorie intake and get moving. My fave from those gazillion and one? The Lose It app...it helped both my husband and me get back to sparring weight, so to speak. Handy-dandy on your smart phone, just enter in what you ate and it will tell you how many calories it was - and how many calories you have left to eat in order to shed some pounds by a certain date.

And as for moving more? I just read that Jazzercise is making a comeback. There's DVD after DVD of Zumba fun or Tae Bo -- and you can always just walk in place, do jumping jacks and lift little weights while watching Top Chef or Project Runway (think of the TV show as a build-in timer!).

I am making this sound simple, aren't I? But I know and you know it isn't...however trying this system is much better than trying to avoid bread for the rest of your life or going on a kale-smoothie cleanse every three months, right? I'm going to give it a try.

Jazzercise, here I come!

Do you struggle with food at all? How do you plan get healthy in 2013? Anyone else love Jazzercise?

©iStockphoto.com/hidesy

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I loved to jazzercise years ago,
Went faithfully to the class I had!
Now I watch claories & portion control as well as try to exercise a few times a week :)

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:25 AM

I do.I need to work on it harder this year

mrswillie
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I struggle with eating healthy. While I know I do it, sometimes I feel guilty when I splurge such as this past week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I just try to eat healthy, homemade foods.  No eating out or processed foods.  I was never into jazzercise but I do like Zumba.

chrissysnow22
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:03 AM
I do struggle with eating properly. Most of my problem is planning so I will get back to meal planning and save me some money and weight gain. And yes I do love jazzercise.
natesmom1228
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:19 AM

No I don't struggle with food. I am very aware of what I eat.

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I do.  Lots of walks help.

sukainah
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I struggle with food, but I struggle with exercise more.

elasmimi
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I plan to only buy health foods, and we can't afford to eat out as much, so maybe this will work.

timon95
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:01 AM

yup! i try to eat healthier, but sometimes there are days when you just want to indulge yourself and enjoy those not so good for you foods. although most of time i just make myself a coffee to avoid eating knowing i will regret it. somedays i cave

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN