Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

What foods do you crave?

Posted by   + Show Post

Salty, sweet...what do you crave?

When you've had a rough day, when it is that time of the month, when you just, well, are hankering for something, what do you reach for?

I'm betting you didn't say brussel sprouts.

Right, just a guess, but a pretty good one, no? The majority of us just don't crave things that are good for us. We crave ice cream, French fries, yogurt-covered pretzels, chips of any variety, candy corn, cupcakes, jujubes, M&Ms...okay, I'll stop as I'm making myself hungry.

Why do we just jones for junk food and not, say, an apple or a banana or a bowl of peas? Some say it is in our genes, in our DNA, in our bodies that dictate what we crave. Other offer up that we yearn for those unhealthy snacks as part of a whole "bad boy syndrome" toward food, as in we want the food that is bad for us, that we shouldn't have, that we often prevent ourselves from taking a nibble of...yet those foods are so yummy (and dangerous).

The funny thing? I have, at times, craved salad. Let me clarify: I have craved salad after days (weeks?) of eating not-so-healthy items. It was as if my body was screaming "Stop the madness! Gimme veggies!"

My big cravings: French fries or chocolate. What about you? Do you ever crave healthy things?

©iStockphoto.com/manley099

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (51-55):
SlightlyPerfect
Do people parent anymore? Do they even attempt to engage their child(ren)?
55 minutes ago
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh. Together.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

bacon and chocolate!

Hopefully not together......

slightlyperfect

aidensmomma508
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Salty chips fries pretzils

aidensmomma508
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Sweet chocolate candy ice cream cookies 

aidensmomma508
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Cheesy nachos Mac and cheese 

aidensmomma508
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Cheesy and salty winner is KFC bowl that is my pms food

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)