Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Stepchildren

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:59 PM
  • 24 Replies

Anyone else have them?Do they cause problems in your marriage?Mine is to the point I want a divorce

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jconney80
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:09 PM
My daughter is my husbands step daughter. We work together and are on the same page with parenting all of our kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:11 PM

I have a stepson but we do not see him too often.

jconney80
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:12 PM
I'm sorry you're having a hard time :-( How old are they?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:35 PM

He is 28.Long story but lets say he is not someone I want my children around and he only calls when he wants something and my dh kisses his butt.He has hurt this family so much.I have had it

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:51 PM

I have 1 bio son and raised 3 other boys whose mom just walked out of their lives.  I'am very close to them and still see them to this day and they call me mama.  I divorced their dad eventually because he'd started using drugs but I didn't divorce those boys.  I love them and I'm glad that I was never in a situation like the one you asked about.  I know that those kinds of things do happen and it's sad.

deadlights86
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:56 PM

My 8 yo is my step son I've been mommy to him full time for almost 6 years. He's my buddy and my 7 yo is my dh step son. We have them all the time so we don't see them as step kids or each other as step parents.

Moms_Angels1960
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I have 3 and yes they have in the beginning. I wanted to leave my dh when his middle son lived with us. I wasn't going to out up with that kind of disrepect. I was getting ready to tell my dh I was leaving when the son came and said he was moving back home with his mom so then we traded sons and it was the best move. Now they both respect me but it took some time.

gmadiane
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:27 PM

mine are not in our lives and I wish they were

momwith2monkeys
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:28 PM

my daughter is my husband step daughter but being that he has raised her since she was 1 it is like he is her bio dad. sperm donor not involved in our lives.

cristalf060812
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM
yes & i can relate. As u said long story & mine is to. Its been almost 3yrs & its still rough
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)