Advertisement Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

WWYD #1

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:02 PM
  • 27 Replies

What would you do if your child came to you at 16 and said she was pg?

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2justone
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Be supportive, and help her get her education so she can care for her child after she graduates. 

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Be supportive, and help her get her education so she can care for her child after she graduates. 

Me too

Mommy2justone
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:14 PM

My sister got pregnant at 15.
My mom asked her if she loved her bf (Baby's dad) and my sister said yes. So they agreed to get married. My mom took them to get married at 15 and 19 years old.
They struggled so much.
She had the baby at 16, had another at 18.
Then finally by 23 they were "okay". They had a house, two stable jobs, a car, etc.
SO they tried for a boy (both girls first time).
They got their boy.
Then they were done.
They got surprise twin boys a year and a half later.  

She is 30 now, and he is almost 35. They are divorcing. It is really sad, but it just breaks my heart for the kids. 
She had a midlife crisis and cheated on him multiple times. I feel so bad for him.

Oh well, anyway, I would support my daughter, because I saw what it was like for my sister. They lived in squalor for a long time before getting on their feet.  

Quoting momofsixangels:

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Me too

sandbuster
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Not an issue

If my son ever got a future gf pregant. I'd support him and help him in whatever way I could.

jconney80
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:03 PM
I'd be supportive to help her get on her feet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wynn0809
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Be very supportive but would help her get birth control soon after getting her period..now I have 2 boys so I will teach them to wrap it up
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dedicatedmom02
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I have all boys. So, if my boys came to me at the age of 16 and said they were about to be a dad...

I would be a little upset.

I would be supportive and help as much as possible.

He would have to get a job immediately. 

I would make sure that he attended every doctor's visit, prenatal class...

pampire
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Ask her what she wants to do.  Discuss the options and pros/cons of them.

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:50 PM

I didn't have a daughter but do have a granddaughter.  I would let her know that no matter what....I'm there for her to help her in whatever way she wants. 

CampClan
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:32 PM

I would hug her & tell her I will be there for her. But I would also give her a swift kick in the A & let her know a) she MUST finish high school & go to some form of college, b) she WILL work when not in school, & c) I will NOT be the parent- she will be an active role in her child's life, not just dump her kid on me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement