Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Reconnecting with your spouse

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:46 AM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

What do you do to keep the spark burning between you and your spouse?  Do you feel more or less connected to him now than before you had kids?

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidensmomma508
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:49 AM

We have dates to have us time, once a month when we can.  

GypsiSky
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Our connection is much deeper. We were teen parents and have grown and learned so very much. We keep the sexy for each other, lol. We have an "at home" date night once a week. We book a beautiful suite as a getaway (with the kids, lol) every month or two. We hold hands and kiss and talk about life. We love being with each other.

MamaMandee
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:03 PM

We have date nights after the kids go to bed, snuggle watch tv or a movie. Also we try to have ummm a bed date no less than 3-4 times a month. 

jessicasmom1
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:47 PM

my spouse has deceased now SO .. trys to do the date night things BUT.. I include DD with me for everything! 

gmadiane
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:25 PM

we met a little later in life so unfortunatly we have kids together but that kind of makes it nice we have tons of alone, together time

Kmakksmom
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:30 AM

We have date nights...we "gross out" the kids by kissing where they can see us...we say "I love you" whenever we can, etc.  It's not that we feel more or less connected since we had the kids, but it's a different connection since we had kids.  A more grown up connection.

Hottmomma607
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:56 AM
I always feel connected to him! We take time out for each other!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wandep
I luv Disney :)
Today at 1:30 PM
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:47 AM

We take time out for each other too..we always go on date nights or just sit and chat with each other after the kids have gone to bed.

JennMcBride
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM
We've always had kids and we work hard on our relationship. Were doing the love dare right now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MichelleK41
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:48 PM

We communicate on any and everything. You have to keep the communication open and you both have to give and take together. We have date mornings, we have 2 hours and just cuddle in bed, watch some TV, talk and enjoy that one on one time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)