Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Ask Joanie: Is Divorce Ever Good for Kids? SWEEPS WINNER ANNOUNCED

Posted by   + Show Post

Congratulations to our mom, aneela, for winning the sweepstakes!  

The Mad Life Panel tackles a tough question: Is divorce ever good for kids?

We're thrilled that Mad Life's very own Joanie Robach, will be joining us in the group to answer YOUR questions on this important topic, and to share her personal observations and experiences!

Check out the Mad Life episode below, then ask Joanie your questions.  Joanie will be joining us next week to share her answers!  Every member who submits a question in the replies below will be entered to win a $50 Target gift card!

Thanks for joining us, Joanie!

Click to learn more about Mad Life panelist, Joanie Robach.

Joanie's answers begin HERE

Giveaway rules:

• The Ask Joanie giveaway starts 1/7/13 at 12pm (ET) and ends 1/20/2013 at midnight (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $50 gift card to Target.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 1/21/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Replies (11-20):
lillucky8
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:25 PM
I think divorce can be okay for the kids if the parents are constantly fighting and the kids see it.

My question is, how do you approach the subject of the split with smaller kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charizma77
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:28 PM
In some situations, I think so.
acrogodess
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:41 PM
What do you do when a child is depressed or blames themselves over the separation?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acrogodess
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:42 PM
What do you say to a young child when they wonder why mommy or daddy are gone?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:42 PM

When the split is not amicable how long should you wait before bringing up custody and visitation?

kitty8199
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Not really a divorce question, but a marriage question. My dd father has never been involved. My bf wants to adopt her. When we get married. Question is how do we address the issue that he isn't her biological father. And at what age. She is just under 2 now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I think that it depends on how well the parents can co-parent if the divorce.

othermom
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:45 PM

What is the best way to deal with a child's stress during a divorce?

Junesmommy18
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Quoting slw123:

Yes, if they live with parents that are always fighting, they are better off being separated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KerryK
by New Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:46 PM
I think my kids would have been happier if my ex and I had split much sooner than we did, we fought constantly, I was depressed, and he was a poor excuse of a parent, pouring his online gaming above caring for the kids even when I was at work.
I have also seen friend in abusive marriages where they think they need to stay together for the kids and it really makes me angry because they are doing so much more damage than a divorce would.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)