Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Ask Joanie: Is Divorce Ever Good for Kids? SWEEPS WINNER ANNOUNCED

Posted by   + Show Post

Congratulations to our mom, aneela, for winning the sweepstakes!  

The Mad Life Panel tackles a tough question: Is divorce ever good for kids?

We're thrilled that Mad Life's very own Joanie Robach, will be joining us in the group to answer YOUR questions on this important topic, and to share her personal observations and experiences!

Check out the Mad Life episode below, then ask Joanie your questions.  Joanie will be joining us next week to share her answers!  Every member who submits a question in the replies below will be entered to win a $50 Target gift card!

Thanks for joining us, Joanie!

Click to learn more about Mad Life panelist, Joanie Robach.

Joanie's answers begin HERE

Giveaway rules:

• The Ask Joanie giveaway starts 1/7/13 at 12pm (ET) and ends 1/20/2013 at midnight (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $50 gift card to Target.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 1/21/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Replies (251-258):
Kalic0
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:15 PM
My parents separated when I was 12 (they divorced about a year later). It was the BEST thing for our family. My parents relationship was really bad with lots of yelling, crying and even some mild physical violence (from BOTH parents). Like the expert says, that is NO GOOD for kids!
momofsixangels
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:12 PM

congratulations

LindaClement
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I think the suggestion that divorce might actually be 'good' for kids is another example of a premise I discovered a long time ago about human psychology:

People are highly adept at making excellent excuses/justifications for doing exactly what they want to do.

Life is big and complex and vague... it's possible to find sufficient evidence to make a case for virtually anything being 'fine.' Apolgia for divorce is no different.

conweis
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:37 PM
This is impprtant for a lot of bitter divorcees to watch
louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:20 AM

congrats!!     :)

othermom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:06 AM

congratulations

Wish2Be
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Congrats!
Crissy2424
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:48 PM
I agree that the parents have to handle it well. They have to be amicable for the kids. One quote from someone said that the kids should have 2 happy homes instead of one unhappy one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN