Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Ask Joanie: Is Divorce Ever Good for Kids? SWEEPS WINNER ANNOUNCED

Posted by   + Show Post

Congratulations to our mom, aneela, for winning the sweepstakes!  

The Mad Life Panel tackles a tough question: Is divorce ever good for kids?

We're thrilled that Mad Life's very own Joanie Robach, will be joining us in the group to answer YOUR questions on this important topic, and to share her personal observations and experiences!

Check out the Mad Life episode below, then ask Joanie your questions.  Joanie will be joining us next week to share her answers!  Every member who submits a question in the replies below will be entered to win a $50 Target gift card!

Thanks for joining us, Joanie!

Click to learn more about Mad Life panelist, Joanie Robach.

Joanie's answers begin HERE

Giveaway rules:

• The Ask Joanie giveaway starts 1/7/13 at 12pm (ET) and ends 1/20/2013 at midnight (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $50 gift card to Target.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 1/21/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Replies (41-50):
momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I believe if the parents are always fighting and cant seem to make it work its best to divorce.Otherwise the kids have to deal with the constant fighting and the hostile environment.Thats not healthy

countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:19 PM

My SIL and BIL might be getting separated and my BIL has two kids from a previous marriage.  Even though they aren't blood relatives to us we have always thought of them as our nieces.  Is there a way to continue to have a positive relationship with them but not overstep our bounds?

momof3inTN
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:19 PM

What do you do when one of the parents refuses to accept his/her part (i.e., doesn't pay child support or skips scheduled visitation)? How do you explain that to kids?

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Should parents stay together until the kids are older?

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:20 PM

How do you find a lawyer who is actually interested in protecting the interests of the person getting the divorce and does not just extend the task to make more money?

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Should parents be able to move away after a divorce(put of the state) with the children?

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Should parents still live in the same house after a divorce to raise the children?

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:22 PM

After a divorce how soon is too soon to start dating?

connor12907
by New Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:22 PM

My parents stayed together "for the children". I must say it was much harder on us when my parents split after 26 years of marriage. If the parents fight all the time, it would be hard on the kids at first, however in the end they would understand that it was for the best.

How do you explain to your teenage children that you don't love your spouse and just stayed together so that the child had two parents?

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:23 PM

If there is more then one child involved and they each want to stay with a parent is it ok to split the kids up?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)