Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Ask Joanie: Is Divorce Ever Good for Kids? SWEEPS WINNER ANNOUNCED

Posted by   + Show Post

Congratulations to our mom, aneela, for winning the sweepstakes!  

The Mad Life Panel tackles a tough question: Is divorce ever good for kids?

We're thrilled that Mad Life's very own Joanie Robach, will be joining us in the group to answer YOUR questions on this important topic, and to share her personal observations and experiences!

Check out the Mad Life episode below, then ask Joanie your questions.  Joanie will be joining us next week to share her answers!  Every member who submits a question in the replies below will be entered to win a $50 Target gift card!

Thanks for joining us, Joanie!

Click to learn more about Mad Life panelist, Joanie Robach.

Joanie's answers begin HERE

Giveaway rules:

• The Ask Joanie giveaway starts 1/7/13 at 12pm (ET) and ends 1/20/2013 at midnight (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $50 gift card to Target.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 1/21/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Replies (61-70):
quayll
by New Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Divorce is good for kids that are in a very bad family , with fighting and yelling.  Children need stability in there little lives not crying and worring.

ScrChk23
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:59 AM

Are there ways to combat children trying to manipulate the parents?  My soon to be SS will make staements to his mother that are untrue just to get her rialed up and try to start an argument with his father.  For example: My SS told his mother that 'Santa' only brought my son presents and not him.  Which is totally untrue.  Both boys recieved the same amount of gifts.  They were the same style too (Legos, movie, Fathead, pajamas, remote controlled cars, Leap Pads, and a Scentsy warmer to share in their room- they are 6 and 5.5).  Naturally his mother flipped out and called my DF.  This is not the first time he has been ungrateful.  But that is another issue we are dealing with.

momofqtees
by New Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:05 AM

IMO it usually is because Mom and Dad are fighting anyway.  Kids are stressed out when their parents are fighting.  It would definitely depend on the kids and how they handle things of course.  I think kids know when there is tension and it isn't good for them.  There are so many different home life scenarios it would be difficult to definitely say yes or no. 

jessicasmom1
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:49 AM

I am from a divorced family .. after my parents divorced they had split custody and completely stopped talkin.. How does one keep peace in the family?

Monsita
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Quoting acrogodess:

What do you do when a child is depressed or blames themselves over the separation?

great question!   DEPENDING OF THEIR AGES...i would like to know...too!!!

aneela
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:51 AM

divorce isnt ever the intention at the start but sometimes it does become necessary in the end

aneela
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:52 AM

do you think of the couples that get divorced...if there is usually one person wanting out and one wanting to save the marriage more than if both parties want out?

aneela
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:53 AM

What is the effect on very young babies whose parents split before they are even a year old?

johnny4ever
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:14 AM

I disagree with the concept of staying together for the kids!

Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:31 AM

if there is physical or emotional abuse then yes it is much better for a child to grow up in a home with

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)