Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Grandparent time...

Posted by   + Show Post

How often do your kids see their grandparents?  Is it more or less than you'd like?

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Replies (11-20):
LivinDeadGurl
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:03 PM

About once a year when we go back home to Illinois.

They see their abuela a few times a year.

Heather2001
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:06 PM

They see my parents a few times a week and my husband's parents once every 6 weeks or so (they live out of state).  I wish they could spend more time with his parents, but I'm glad they don't live as close as mine do.

babygomez
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:31 PM

My kids see my mom at least once a week. They can't go too long without seeing each other. :)

They rarely see the others.

lalasmama2007
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:34 PM

My dd sees my parents about twice a month.  They live about 45 minutes away.  She sees my MIL about every other month.  She lives 2 1/2 hours away.  I wish she saw them all more frequently.

Kara242
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:09 PM

My mom passed away 7 years ago but didnt go a day without seeing or talking to the kids. My dad sees them at holidays/ birthdays. Not sure why but since my niece came along he spends most of his time with my sister. and My mil well my kids cant stand her. She sees them once every 6 or 8 weeks and we only live 45 min at the most from her and she is on our street everyday going home from work.

MamaMandee
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:13 PM

We use to live near(well about 100 miles) my mom and the kids saw her about once a month. Now we live near(about 20 mins) my DH's mom & her hubby and we see her a few times a month. 

MamaMandee
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Oh and before my dad passed away we saw him once or twice a year. 

abra
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:24 PM
my parents? Less then once a year, which is a good thing.

DH's parents, once or twice a week, which is perfect!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I'am a grandparent.  I see my grandson about once every week to 10 days and I see my granddaughter about 4 times a week.  She lives close enough that I could just about throw a rock and hit the house.  lol

dusky_rose
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:55 PM

My older children live with their grandma (only living grandparent for them) and dad and I think that its great that they get to spend time with her. My youngest son lives with me, my DH and my FIL (his only living grandparent) and even though my FIL gets on my nerves sometimes, I think that it's important that my son spend time with him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)